Distrust?? Fear??

tejera

Hi,

I have a problem with my girl, 1,5 year.

2 months ago in the same park as always was a dark rainy evening and she begin to play with a plastic bottle. I ordered she to stop but she wants to play and begin to run and I start to get anger...

When she definitely stops I argue her harder (I know that it's the worst thing, argue when he comes). Later I let her to play with other dogs but when I have to go home she doesn't want to come... She stops in front of me, about 10 meters and look me, stadding up. When I go to her with treats and calling her, she begins to run and my friends have to help me taking her. Way home she doesn't want look directly or any treats...

The following days I set a long rope in her collar (5 meters) preventing the same situation but it returner to normality of every day... but one week ago begins again to do it in a same dark rainy evening. She stopped in front of me and doesn't want to stop or come. So, after 20 minutes trying to take her I thougth to start play with her and quickly she starts to play with me running trying to bite me (this is the way we play :) ) and when she run near me I catch her and again doesn't want look me directly.

Since she was puppy when I argue him on the street she gets angry. hahaha. Is it normal??

Sumary: When I try to take her in a dark nigth/evening she doesn't want (I think she remember the day that I argue her). If it's a clear day I don't have any problem.

I'm very worry because at nigths I have to set the rope preventing she doesn't want to take her.

When I call her I' calm, I use the same voice when I call her, the same gestures... I don't understand this behavior.

Please, any advice??

Thanks

Animals can be affected by the weather etc. For example mine go nuts when it's windy.  At night she may feel insecure and gets spooked easily, maybe it would be an idea to keep her on a short lead so she's always close to you, that may build confidance.  Or maybe she's acting up because she remembers the 'last time' and its a game.  Huskies are so intelligent and have really good memories unlike some other breeds of dog.  My boy tries to refuse to walk where he got attacked over a year ago.  I don't force him but it's stange how he acts differently.

Also she will sense your anxiety so try and be as calm as possible.

Good luck :)

I don't think that she has fear to the darkness... it's more that she remember the situation and she thinks that I will go to argue her, until she dind't do anything...

Now, when she do it again (runs not playing, run away from me) I step the rope and she stop running, sit down and begins to give the leg when she knows that she did something wrong...

So, I think it's a conduct issue.

Hi again, today in the morning (it's dark) do it again... She was running/playing crazy around me and another dog ( she do it normally) but when I talk her to stay/stop and try to take her, she begins to avoid me 2 or 3 times... On the next atemp she stopped and began to lick me (like when she do it something wrong).

Just read this....and I agree - these dogs are so intelligent!

Hi Tejera

Are you doing any indoor training in/around the home?

Consistent Recall is especially hard for some folk with these highly intelligent dogs. Mine included!

I have window shelves, bags of little treats tucked away in the house and also in my pockets.

When my two are out of sight I call them or use a whistle - i have three : Bosun's call (Navy still use them to 'pipe' messages - each call says a different instruction eg 'still' = means stop & listen (instruction coming)... then another call ....eg..VIP coming aboard, to the mess, battle stations, colours (am/pm)...

The other two are a Thunderer (painfully loud - also used at sea or in extreme noisy conditions / bad weather (I stick fingers in ears!) and my brother in law's (RIP) railway station whistle. He worked on the railway doing track repairs, laying sleepers etc...

I use a long one for 'come'. Two short 'sit' (when they reach me) and a short/long going quieter ...slow/deeper for 'GOOD DOGs!' with treat.

Later on I also just make a big fuss of praise if treats have run out.

Making some fun "work/training" time at home might help over this night thing...maybe go do the run/play time then work on some 'heel' training with a walk out a bit longer, after, having treats in hand and getting her to 'focus' on you & not her surroundings.

SibeHush on this forum also does some awesome training too..He may have some tips....

●● Jean Cote has a website "www.successdogs.com" which may also help. He will always answer your questions too.

● More praise at all the good stuff (behaviour).

Ignore the opposite....we all love and seek praise... attention to kids with scolding and no praise creates the wrong action ie...more bad behaviour.

Difficult I know, however, petting and fussing at any time gives my two more eye contact with me even when lying on the floor 'snoozing'. They turn or lift head to look AT me when I just say their name/s.

I say 'Hi there Eski /Chester' and there's always a wag...or a paw wave or licking of lips.

Wolves do this a lot in the pack..greeting and rubbing shoulders and so much interaction goes on ("living with wolves' study by a couple who were accepted into the pack over a six year period. Awesome reading and our Huskies are the closest related in looks and dna..

Mine always get a rubbed neck and 'goodnight' whispered when I'm retiring. One in crate the other beside on bed mat on floor,

usually (but not always) preceeded with treats for tricks in the kitchen - but 'sshh!' to "no barking' if hubby's already in bed!

I'm more a late night bird now..as I don't sleep easily very early. ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

She's testing you :)

be firm, don't give her so much space, try the NILIF training, it really helps :)

Ok, I'm going to read about it, thanks!!

Just read this....and I agree - these dogs are so intelligent!

Hi Tejera

Are you doing any indoor training in/around the home?

Consistent Recall is especially hard for some folk with these highly intelligent dogs. Mine included!

I have window shelves, bags of little treats tucked away in the house and also in my pockets.

When my two are out of sight I call them or use a whistle - i have three : Bosun's call (Navy still use them to 'pipe' messages - each call says a different instruction eg 'still' = means stop & listen (instruction coming)... then another call ....eg..VIP coming aboard, to the mess, battle stations, colours (am/pm)...

The other two are a Thunderer (painfully loud - also used at sea or in extreme noisy conditions / bad weather (I stick fingers in ears!) and my brother in law's (RIP) railway station whistle. He worked on the railway doing track repairs, laying sleepers etc...

I use a long one for 'come'. Two short 'sit' (when they reach me) and a short/long going quieter ...slow/deeper for 'GOOD DOGs!' with treat.

Later on I also just make a big fuss of praise if treats have run out.

Making some fun "work/training" time at home might help over this night thing...maybe go do the run/play time then work on some 'heel' training with a walk out a bit longer, after, having treats in hand and getting her to 'focus' on you & not her surroundings.

SibeHush on this forum also does some awesome training too..He may have some tips....

●● Jean Cote has a website "www.successdogs.com" which may also help. He will always answer your questions too.

● More praise at all the good stuff (behaviour).

Ignore the opposite....we all love and seek praise... attention to kids with scolding and no praise creates the wrong action ie...more bad behaviour.

Difficult I know, however, petting and fussing at any time gives my two more eye contact with me even when lying on the floor 'snoozing'. They turn or lift head to look AT me when I just say their name/s.

I say 'Hi there Eski /Chester' and there's always a wag...or a paw wave or licking of lips.

Wolves do this a lot in the pack..greeting and rubbing shoulders and so much interaction goes on ("living with wolves' study by a couple who were accepted into the pack over a six year period. Awesome reading and our Huskies are the closest related in looks and dna..

Mine always get a rubbed neck and 'goodnight' whispered when I'm retiring. One in crate the other beside on bed mat on floor,

usually (but not always) preceeded with treats for tricks in the kitchen - but 'sshh!' to "no barking' if hubby's already in bed!

I'm more a late night bird now..as I don't sleep easily very early.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

At home her behavior is excellent with us (me and my girlfriend) but it's a husky, hahaha. We use rules, she is disciplined (I think so... hahaha)

I think that we train and always we play with the toys order her to bring, drop it... and on the street we play as same as home with treats too.

I use my own whistle and she knows perfectly when I calling her. On the street when she was a puppy even stop playing with other dogs when I call her, hahaha Now she knows that I called her and comes when she finished what she's doing :)

This during the day I don't have problem but at dawn or nigth appears.

Today I will go to traing at nigth with sausages as treats to avoid the situation.

I will tel you the results. Thanks very much

A tasty treat that she really likes should help.  Why would she want to stop playing when she's having so much fun :)

Just when you think you've got your husky sussed they do soemthing to put right back to square one.  They like to keep us on our toes ;)

Goo luck :)

A tasty treat that she really likes should help.  Why would she want to stop playing when she's having so much fun :)

Just when you think you've got your husky sussed they do soemthing to put right back to square one.  They like to keep us on our toes ;)

Goo luck :)

I admit that is true... As you relax, they tested you :rolleyes: