Are Huskys Loyal Dogs?

Abreu

They can be stubborn, and will usually pick which distraction they think is more fun. To them, a cat running past on the street is usually a lot more interesting than the owner standing there yelling at them :P

My boys are best friends with whoever is the newest person they meet. I mean they love meeting new people treats or not. I could be standing in front of them waving a piece of steak and they would completely ignore me :)  So no, they are not loyal!

Having said that if they were scared or injured I'm sure theyd come running to me, I am their Mummy and mummy always makes things better :)

My Malamute is loyal through and through, she barks at everyone and anyone, even my son when he comes to the door. She doesn't 'greet' other people, she just gives them the once over then comes and sits by me.  If they are here long enough she might go over for a sniff but she doesn't care to make friends with strangers.  they are so funny :)

Depends on what YOU want.

For me I guess it would be to always return to me when called 

To protect me in my hour of need

To choose me over anyone else

To the above, neither of my boys would do that

My female Malamute would to all 3 :)

Maybe its because the boys are still quite young but more likely because they are husky :)

Hidden

If you mean RinTinTin, Ol' Yeller, or "Timmy's down the well!", then no, Sibes are not that flavor of loyalty.

Loyalty is defined as "a strong feeling of support or allegiance." What most of those other dogs present is more of a biddableness and velcro quality. 

Siberians LOVE their owners and in my opinion, fill in the support and allegiance spot unerringly. But they are also independent. 

So, for you guys that have huskys... you think your pet loves you? Or he just loves everyone? I mean, i think they may create a strong relationship with you. I know that they love everyone, but maybe they have other type of love with you, you guys know what i mean? 

When my boy escaped from the yard years ago, a random kid (like 8 or 9 years old) came up to him and attached a leash to him. Apparently, Suka was 100% fine with being carried off by a stranger and taken into their home. The parents told me he was 'really happy' to be brought into their house!

I only got him back because they called the number on his ID tag, otherwise they could have easily stole him and I would have never found him.

So yes, huskies love EVERYONE. 

I'm sure my husky loves me, he just doesn't show it. At all. I'm sure he appreciates being taken on walks and etc, though. 

Maybe not as "clingy" as some other breeds, but they have their ways. Loki always gets excited when I come home, or when he wakes up in the morning and sees me. He'll also choose to sleep at the end of my bed, half across my feet if he has to, and will have a bit of a sook if I leave the house without him (even if someone else is home). But given any distraction, he'll rarely come when called. It's just a trait of the breed, doesn't really mean they don't love you any less.

Maybe not as "clingy" as some other breeds, but they have their ways. Loki always gets excited when I come home, or when he wakes up in the morning and sees me. He'll also choose to sleep at the end of my bed, half across my feet if he has to, and will have a bit of a sook if I leave the house without him (even if someone else is home). But given any distraction, he'll rarely come when called. It's just a trait of the breed, doesn't really mean they don't love you any less.

I agree with you! Maybe you dont believe me... but my friend had a husky called Wolfie and he was walking in the street with the dog and a guy appears and tried to rob him... the husky bited the guy. I didnt mentioned this in the forum cause the dog was not "normal" huskys were not made for that... now that i remember this story i have no doubts... husky is a loyal dog to the owner. I know labs and golden retreviers that did the same thing, dogs are not dumb  :D

Each husky is different, a bit like humans really.  Some will protect and others won't! If it's a guard dog you are looking for then I'd say a husky is a wrong breed of  choice.  They may look menacing enough but deep down they are big softies :)

Each husky is different, a bit like humans really.  Some will protect and others won't! If it's a guard dog you are looking for then I'd say a husky is a wrong breed of  choice.  They may look menacing enough but deep down they are big softies :)

I dont wanna a guard dog xD, i was telling you guys a story, i had a german shepherd and a pitbull in the past, now i want other type of dog  :P

Mine love everyone! Specially if they're getting fuss from them BUT they do have a certain degree of loyalty to us , blaze is really my mums boy n boy is he her dog , she used to have to go into hospital a lot n stay there for days/weeks at a time n blaze 'sulked' when she left n when she's home he doesn't leave her side unless it's for walkies , skyla loves her space n is very independent ( we hardly know we have her) but she is very loving too n will go absolutely nuts when I'm home after being out somewhere but I think they'd be just as happy with someone else too lol

Why some people say that Huskys are not loyal? 

I've never faced a situation where I needed protection from Sarah, but in the event of a home invasion I plan to climb into my Umbrella Cockatoo's cage. Sarah will probably lick the intruder and hope for a treat, whereas Casper the Cockatoo will tear the face off anyone who approaches me too closely.

Does Sarah love me? Without any question whatsoever. She and I have a relationship, not of master and dog but of human and Siberian. It's a totally different experience from any other breed I've encountered and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. If it's protection and absolute, exclusionary loyalty you want, a Siberian is very unlikely to meet those qualities.

If you raise them in a household with just you and the puppy, they will become much more "velcro" like than being raised in a larger household with other people and animals.  Yuki was raised like this and at dog parks, she would run out in front and play but look back about every 20 seconds to make sure I was close and if I wasn't, she would come charging back to my side before kind of wandering off again to play.  Ocassionally I would duck under a bush to hide and see what she did and she would look around with a very panicked, concerned expression and start running to and fro to find me.

My wife and I's two pups (well 8 months old now) - Sushi and Mochi...they are much more independent of us humans because they have each other.  They absolutely love us but they love each other more than anything and as long as they have each other, they are perfectly content with us leaving and not having some sort of anxiety.

Yuki got more and more protective as she got older and I suspect Sushi and Mochi will as well.  Part of it is just age...right now the pups are adolcenet teenagers and just want to explore on their own.  By the time Yuki was a few years old, she would growl at strangers (especially at night) on walks that she deemed "suspect" or people she heard approach the front door in a manner that she wasn't used to.  Doesn't mean she wouldn't happily accept a treat and praise from said stranger should they enter the home and be a good guard dog in that way but she was vocal when she felt something amiss.  She also got into a fight with a pitbull who was charging at our little lhasa apso and protected him even though they didn't always get along great.  the lhasa was still part of her pack.

Our Kallie is absolutely dedicated to my husband. She imprinted on him when she was three weeks old and has not wavered in her love for him, 4 years later. It is so adorable the way the two of them love each other.

So, for you guys that have huskys... you think your pet loves you? Or he just loves everyone? I mean, i think they may create a strong relationship with you. I know that they love everyone, but maybe they have other type of love with you, you guys know what i mean? 

Yes, but from my experience he does not love me in a "special" way. Probably he just know i am a good source of food :P