Nala Swallowed A Sock

NalaMamea

My 11 month old Siberian Husky swallowed a baby sock last night.... 

i immediately started freaking out, googled "husky swallowed a sock"... 

couple things since last night

took her for a walk this morning, she pee'd and pooped (no sock)

came back inside and she ate everything I gave her

she hasnt thrown up, however she was making weird almost like a gagging noise last night while she was sleeping.

im keeping a close eye on her, however wanted to see if this is something that is "most likely going to pass thru," or should i just call a vet now

any advice or even your own stories are greatly appreciated

Apha used to swallow socks on a regular basis and normally they would pass within 24 hrs...95% out the front which is gross enough but the rear is worse IMO (be prepared to help pull)...but if not out in 24 hrs I would have to go to the vet to check up....

best of luck and let us know how it is going...

I am also moving your thread to Health...

Thank you for your reply Robke. I am hoping she will throw it up soon... i can only imagine how fun it will be if i have to help her pull it out. hahah 

and thank you for moving the thread.. I really new at this forum, and still getting the hang of where everything is and goes. 

Check with your vet to see if there is something you can give to induce vomiting, if she does this again in the future.  Otherwise, a meal or two of pasta tossed liberally in olive oil may help with passing.  I know that if dogs eat small sharp objects, feeding them gravy soaked cotton balls will help deter any damage to the stomach and intestines.

I agree, I would keep a very close eye on her to see if it passes.  Mine have eaten all kinds of things...Kodiak went through a phase where he would eat the bedsheet, and I would have to help pull it out...pretty gross!  But if she seems to be lethargic or something isn't right I would call the vet.

I have no additional advice to add, but I did want to say that two of mine have eaten socks on numerous occasions (significant other has smelly feet and they love it) and usually vomit them up. I just wanted to add my anecdote so you know that you're not alone on this one! [emoji1] [emoji106]