Treating Dry And Sunburned Nose

xLOBOx

Lobo spends a lot of time outside, and his white fur makes his skin very sensitive. Now that it's getting warmer out, his nose is getting dry and peely. It seems to be a sunburn, so I want to try to treat it at home for about a week to see if we can control it before taking him in to the vet. Today I bought a product called "Snoutstik" at a nearby pet store that they recommended for the dryness. I'm curious if anyone else has any remedies or advice on what to use on his cute little pink nose? Also, would it be safe to use sunscreen on him? Sounds like a dumb question, but I'm curious.

not a dumb question lol...there is no such thing..:P

I use vaseline at times on Bindi's nose not that often and the problem is she likes to lick it of so need to hold her for 5 mins so that she does not...:D ...Alpha does not have this problem but then his snow nose is not so prevelant as Bindi's...

I'm interested in this too as Snowy is white furred and has little fur at the end of his nose, you can see his pink skin underneath.

I too worry that he will just lick off what ever I put on there and a) make him sick and B) be pointless.

Coconut oil's meant to be good for skin

We put sunscreen on SkyeSkye's pink nose and keep a careful eye on all the dogs where the fur's relatively thin (especially ears) - no different to us, they can get sunburn

I would use the coconut oil or sudocream at night to heal but use dog sunscreen during the day. You can use the sudocream during the day too as it sits on top of the skin and won't act like the old coconut oil sun tan oils that cooked the skin and caused skin cancers.