First Time Dryland Sledding

Jase

Today we attended a beginners afternoon to dryland sledding. In typical Perth fashion, the nice cool weather of the previous week warmed up specifically for our day! 

Being warm, we only did very short runs. 

Anyway, I was so proud of Ronin, he pulled into his harness straight away and for a complete novice he seemed very natural to it. 

http://s895.photobucket.com/user/Yonjuro/media/IMG_4746_zpsjafakkwq.jpg.html'>IMG_4746_zpsjafakkwq.jpg

He really looks like he's enjoying that! [emoji2]

Thanks Emma, I think it was a little overwhelming for him, but he still seemed to know what to do - which is pretty strange as he has never been rigged to the scooter or even seen dogs do it. Truly amazing dogs  :)

Good boy Ronin. . . Looks Like Jase was having fun too :)

Thanks Andy, yeah you got me - I had a blast  :D

Nice one Jase...strange right seems thta it is just in their brain..they just know what to do... :P

Thanks Rob, You're right mate, I had a small amount of nature and nurture debate in my own mind and wondered how can such a thing be instinctive or natural... well Ronin taught me another thing today  :)

Very nice! We had that happen last year with our May Mushing demo to conclude the season. Temps soared to 95.

Thanks Jaimie, Yeah the weather gods were not looking after us. Beginners camp in two weeks is down south and always colder  :up:

Edited by Jase

but one thing.....it is bleeping fun right... :D

Oh yep for sure, I am really looking forward to having a bit more of a run, but that pull when he takes all the weight and goes is exhilarating  :)

oh yes and then just think how he can go when  going at the end of the season... :P

It will certainly be an adventure to see how he goes  :)

That looks awesome!

Thanks Rachael  :)

WOW Ronin looking like a Pro……  WOAH  Little bit fast Jase.   Looks like you had so much fun. Tis Jealous I am.  :D

Thanks Kati  :) Needed Whoa! as a bunch of people were there waiting for their turn LOL - It was great, and you have the makings of a sled team yourself ... give it a go  :)