Beach <3

Nava's Mommy

Hello everyone ! I don't know if you guys remember, but Nava has always been scared of water. She finally went into the beach! She loved running around the shore and splashing the water lol. This is one of the silly pictures I was able to take.

She is still extremely scared of the pool and it's nearly impossible to bathe her, any advice on that?

Thank you  :)

post-12040-0-11605700-1429445812_thumb.p

On the very rare occasion we have to bathe Bear, we usually harness her up and one person holds onto her lead whilst someone else washes her with the outdoor hose. Try to do it as quickly as possible as she really hates getting bathed. No problem with rolling around in muddy puddles though!

On the very rare occasion we have to bathe Bear, we usually harness her up and one person holds onto her lead whilst someone else washes her with the outdoor hose. Try to do it as quickly as possible as she really hates getting bathed. No problem with rolling around in muddy puddles though!

Thank you, I've never used a harness i think that will really help.

ahh bless her she looks like she's having a great time!

I've not much advice re the baths - it's always a wrestling match with my 3 lol do you use cold water or warmish?

I use warmish water .

My White German Shepherd Echo is exactly the same.

Won't go in the paddling pool and runs petrified from the hose. But will romp in the sea and swim happily.

Dumb as a bucket of spanners my girly :D

That is great that she is enjoying the beach. Nice pic!!!

I have heard of a few people having problems with their huskies not liking swimming pools. It seems the stepping off the edge is the problem, and looking down into the water. With the beach and river they just walk in. 

As strange as it may seem... if you can get her to take a run up and jump in the water it may work. 

For wash time I get in the shower with Ronin, close the door and use the hand held shower-head to wash in warm water. The other way is to have a second person feed little treats while washing. And use a light collar and lead.

Beaches are fun :D Great pic~

With pools it's a great way to build trust with your dog.  Jelly used to be scared of our pool as well but I just consistently got into the pool with a lead and gently pulled her in .  A lot of bribing had to be done and just a step towards the edge of the steps of the pool was a successful day.  She eventually got to the end after a few days of trying and swam and since then she enjoys it a lot more.

As for bathing, I usually use treats to keep her still otherwise she'll just walk around me and tangle me up lol.  Peanut butter kong and she'll just let you do whatever to her lol. 

• 5 months later...

Thank you everyone and sorry about the late responses , life has been crazy.

Nava actually started to love her kiddy pool and the other day she got curious and jumped in the big pool. I think she was expecting something different because she ran out and doesn't get near it anymore. We will work on that when the weather isn't so ugly.

As for the bath, it is just impossible -_- 

IMG_4573.JPG