Favorite food brands?

jonmichael

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its very interesting how so many of the foods which are recommended are only on the 3* and below lists.

Can anyone recommend any good stockists in the UK for the TOTW?

I am from the UK and feed TOTW ad my puppies both love it.... Maya is very picky anyways but have found she is less picky with TOTW....

I buy it from http://www.zooplus.co.uk they deliver and usually takes a week from the day you order to the day its delivered

I used to feed TOTW and the dogs did wonderfully on it. I miss it really but after some issues and horrible customer service I decided to switch to Nature's Variety Instinct as the dogs don't seem fond of the Prairie. I really love this food it has a 5 star rating I think and is AMAZING. I love the ingredient list as well as the RAW they make. They also have freeze dried RAW and RAW bones. I love feeding them the kibble which is coated with their freeze dried raw to make it more palatable for picky eaters for breakfast. It can get pricey but I've never seen my picky eater happier at dinner time. The only thing I would warn against is the chicken has insanely high protein Kiana and Diesel both couldn't handle that. The duck Kiana refused to eat so I stick with the Salmon and they both get on fine with it. I only feed the patties 3 or 4 times a week and usually a good 8hrs after the kibble to make sure there's nothing talking bad to each other in their tummies lol. I'd feed the RAW all the time if I could afford it but it is NOT a cheap food lol at least $20 more than TOTW was but the kids love it and I get great results with it so meh :)

Hey,I use Zooplus too.Get great delivery and good choice.I generally use the Bosch lamb and rice when I first get a rescue as it contains zinc among many other extracts for joints.Also Blue had an upset stomach on anything that was mainly chicken and thi settled him immediately.

I have recently changed to bozita,wet as a mixer and trying the dry due to the Swedish standards;

Bozita dog food - a little piece of Sweden:

• Ingredients exclusively of the highest quality

• Made from meat under human-grade consumption controls

• Using fresh meat in the manufacturing process not only increases digestibility but also ensures high palatability and acceptance

• All ingredients are free from growth hormones (policy of Lantmännen Doggy AB)

• No artificial flavour enhancers or colourings

• No artificial preservatives

• Usage of carcass meal in feeding and food products prohibited since 1985

• Naturally made without animal testing

I also read some of the dog foods are prohibited in Sweden and cannot be delivered there as don't comply to these standards.

Why is it that other countries continue to put absolute rubbish in dog food ?

Ingredients

I've been using Wellness Core for my brood with great success...but I do notice a large number of my fellow Siberian loving humans here like TOTW...I am considering switching for a couple of reasons...1) better accessibility to TOTW vs Core 2) TOTW is about $15 cheaper and has 4lbs more per bag! That would cut out almost 1 bag per month and that's a HUGE savings in this pack!!!

I've been using Wellness Core for my brood with great success...but I do notice a large number of my fellow Siberian loving humans here like TOTW...I am considering switching for a couple of reasons...1) better accessibility to TOTW vs Core 2) TOTW is about $15 cheaper and has 4lbs more per bag! That would cut out almost 1 bag per month and that's a HUGE savings in this pack!!!

That's one heck of a large family. You must have a pretty large property to house all those dogs. I have only 1 to manage... Can't imagine managing 8. Anyway, TOTW is a great well-balanced and complete dog food. My husky does better on this over any others I have tried and if it saves you money over the long run that's even better.:)

I have been feeding mine raw now for a couple of months and they absolutely love it. :yahoo: And unlike my original belief is actually far far cheaper. My girl is 3 and she had been unfortunate enough to have me try her on all sorts of dry foods - she never really had an appetite I always had to mix cooked foods in to make her eat now she wolfs her food down.

In her 3 years we'd tried Iams, Eukanuba, Wainwrights, Hills (the worst for us) Royan Canin, Wellness and First Class. In the end she was on a dry working dog brand called CSJ which had a great write up in the Telegraph. I leave some of this in their bowls in the mornings in case any of them are peckish. But if they it it at all they eat very very little. It is correct though that you do need to get a good mix of ingredients in the raw to ensure that the diet is balanced but for me this is so much easier than having to cook every day which is what I was doing before with my Miss fussypants. I can throw the dogs and apple or a carrot now and they will eat that as they would pass the time on as they would a chew toy. Spinach I add to their raw. I have one small pack of liver a week now that lasts all three dogs for that time as they each get a small piece in their raw for additional vit A needs of the breed.

For me it works - it's cheaper, it's easier than the hassle I had before trying to get the dogs to eat, loads of variations and so they don't get bored with the same old stuff, and they absolutely love it. Nice clean healthy teeth too:D

I have been feeding mine raw now for a couple of months and they absolutely love it. :yahoo: And unlike my original belief is actually far far cheaper. My girl is 3 and she had been unfortunate enough to have me try her on all sorts of dry foods - she never really had an appetite I always had to mix cooked foods in to make her eat now she wolfs her food down.

In her 3 years we'd tried Iams, Eukanuba, Wainwrights, Hills (the worst for us) Royan Canin, Wellness and First Class. In the end she was on a dry working dog brand called CSJ which had a great write up in the Telegraph. I leave some of this in their bowls in the mornings in case any of them are peckish. But if they it it at all they eat very very little. It is correct though that you do need to get a good mix of ingredients in the raw to ensure that the diet is balanced but for me this is so much easier than having to cook every day which is what I was doing before with my Miss fussypants. I can throw the dogs and apple or a carrot now and they will eat that as they would pass the time on as they would a chew toy. Spinach I add to their raw. I have one small pack of liver a week now that lasts all three dogs for that time as they each get a small piece in their raw for additional vit A needs of the breed.

For me it works - it's cheaper, it's easier than the hassle I had before trying to get the dogs to eat, loads of variations and so they don't get bored with the same old stuff, and they absolutely love it. Nice clean healthy teeth too:D

I honestly feel dogs fed raw food have the cleanest teeth. Since my boy are on half raw/half other food, I brush their teeth once a week to try to keep the teeth and gums healthy. :-)

I honestly feel dogs fed raw food have the cleanest teeth. Since my boy are on half raw/half other food, I brush their teeth once a week to try to keep the teeth and gums healthy. :)

Yeah you're right. I used to brush my loss teeth and once I finally managed to get the brush in the mouth and start moving it around they'd bit down with the back scissors and I'd be left holding a short plastic stick :rolleyes: Little so and so's... :whistling:

That's one heck of a large family. You must have a pretty large property to house all those dogs. I have only 1 to manage... Can't imagine managing 8. Anyway, TOTW is a great well-balanced and complete dog food. My husky does better on this over any others I have tried and if it saves you money over the long run that's even better.:)

Comparing Core and TOTW side by side it appears that the only difference is a 1% crude fat increase. That would make it an easy transition for my kiddos. I have been so happy with Core and how well the kiddos do on it...it's just becoming more difficult to find Core here in town and the savings I'd get from TOTW is tempting....It's almost "if its not broke, don't fix it" situations LOL

Anything done by Champion foods I LOVE! Had my dogs on Orijen but had to switch because Sadie wasn't digesting the high protein levels so I switched to their Acana food. I love it because all the animals that they put in the food are free range or naturally caught, no farming. On top of that they use natural preservatives instead of crazy chemical ones that I cannot pronounce o_O It's an amazing food, dogs poops are firm and decently small, coats are shiny, they are super energetic, and the best part is they have next to no gas! Once in a blue moon they will let one out, but I can live with that :3