Meet Dexter.

Merc

Hi all.

Meet Dexter. He's a gorgeous 4 year old neutered boy with a lovely nature. We have fostered him until the people at Heart rescue can find him a forever home. Just a phone snap from a walk :-)

post-12989-0-26172100-1430833614_thumb.j

Welcome Dexter.

Here's hoping he's already found his furever home :)

He is a very cheeky boy and funny. We're in a position to foster until they find him a good home. We like to foster because it ensures the dogs won't be in a pound or worse.

I would love to Kati but I run photo tours in Iceland in winter and will be working in America September. I have a daughter in a wheelchair and my son is only 8. My wife has pins in her back so can only really cope with one when I'm away. I have fallen in love with him though. He really is a sweet boy and a complete nutter! :-) It will be heart breaking when he finds his forever home. We can foster between March to September.

He loves Southwick park! Have you tried the longer route yet?

Nope not yet.  Lucky and Howler were very ill and we do not know what caused it.  We went to Southwick the night before and they were focused on eating the duck poop and also trying to drink out of the little drainage ditches, Lucky was ill first then 2 - 3 days later Howler became very ill.  We tried to stop them but being puppies it was not 100% successful.  Could of been the horrible soil we have in the garden.  Nothing makes sense.

We will go back but we are waiting for them to be a completely well again.  Noah and Bella were fine and they did not eat anything whilst there.  It is a mystery why they are ill and we can't even say with confidence this may of been the cause.  It was not bacterial or salmonella.  So we are on a process of elimination.   Could just be a virus and we will never know the cause.

I love that walk. :(

Going to the Forest of Bere in a min though. :D

Hi Kati.

Sorry for the delay in replying. We went there Friday and found a tick on Dexter. We went again on Saturday and found another tick on Dexter after the walk. Could yours have picked up a tick and had the flu like symptoms dogs sometimes get from ticks? We didn't realise Advocate only covers fleas, worms but not ticks so we bought some Advantix on Saturday. We are leaving it until tomorrow before going back there. We have also ordered a spray which should arrive tomorrow morning that we spray on before a walk to deter ticks from jumping on the dogs.  I have never seen ticks on any of my dogs in the past and then see 2 in 2 days. They are vile looking things. I hope yours are feeling much better now.

ah the tick menace  just got back from the woods and got 4 on each...happens every time I pick them of before they clamp on.. they just had their frontline treatment last sunday...but they still try it on the pesky critters...

Dexter looks smashing, wont show this to the OH or she'll have me going to camp via the south coast.

As for the ticks, since we had Logan, we have had two tick incidents. One on my forearm, one on the back of my hand! I've tried brushing before getting in the car, but must of missed them.