How Long Can You Leave A Pair Of Huskies Alone?

ZachAttack

My circumstances may be about to change. At the moment I only work 3 shifts per week on a decent wage so can easily afford a dog walker but soon I will be working normal hours 9-5 mon-fri therefore I'd need a dog walker 5 times a week instead of 3 and I would be on a major wage reduction.

Currently I work 12 hours so obviously need someone to let my dogs out but was wondering how long it is acceptable to leave the dogs alone for without anyone coming round to let them out. I have only ever worked 12 hours whilst i have had the dogs so not sure if leaving them for 8-9 hours is okay? If money was no object then of course I would get a walker in everyday but things are tight at the moment.

I am not worried they will destroy the house, I am more concerned about their toilet breaks being an issue.

Can leave mine for a good 7 maybe 8 hrs, have to make sure that I walk them lots before hand and let them have just enough water to drink, but I cannot do that all the time and most def not everyday...

My two are left on their own, in their crates 8.30 til 5.30 (9 hours) Monday to Friday no problem at all.

We used to pop home in the day when Skye was younger but they are both perfectly fine now and have their own 42" TV with live BBC TV for company (its more for telly addict Skye than Holly to be honest).

Sometimes if i'm passing during the day i pop in but sometimes i just think that unsettles them, they know their routine now so is all just dandy...in fact they look at us gone out if we arrive earlier than expected

Mine are crated during the day (8:30-5ish), but they get a break in the afternoon for about an hour.  I have a special needs husky that needs medication so I don't have that option, but I know many people that have their dogs alone for 8-9 hours a day

Thank you that is what would be happening with me although they would not be crated as they are fine to have the run of the house when I am out. I was thinking of getting a walker just a few days a week but like you say if it is not routine then it might unsettle them not knowing whether or not someones is coming 

Mine are left uncrated for 12 hours

However. . . . 

I have a dog flap which leads out into a 120ft garden

the garden is closeboard fenced 6ft all around.

So my guys can go out to do their business and run around to their hearts content.

Mine are left uncrated for 12 hours

However. . . . 

I have a dog flap which leads out into a 120ft garden

the garden is closeboard fenced 6ft all around.

So my guys can go out to do their business and run around to their hearts content.

Wish I had a garden that big and lived in a nice enough area where I could trust they wouldn't get stolen lol Sounds like a perfect plan, if only..

Wish I had a garden that big and lived in a nice enough area where I could trust they wouldn't get stolen lol Sounds like a perfect plan, if only..

Yeah, It is a quiet neighbourhood and I have an Echo

Echo is my White German shepherd.

She's never been trained as a guard dog . . . however, she guards the property very vocally if anyone comes up towards the house.

Within seconds she's up at the window all teeth and slobber, I've had delivery men drop parcels in the middle of the drive and go when she's appeared at the window.

If anyone shinnies up over the fence, she'll be there with her enthusiastic greeting. :D

I work 9-5, often pop home at lunchtime, but not always. Only had a couple of 'accidents', both on days when I did come home, from the state of things, they were a result of upset stomach. He gets a good walk every morning before I leave.

I used the logic, that he rarely goes out after 9pm and is always fine until I get up at 6am

Logan loves routine, he won't put his harness on without a lap of the house first, but He has never been bothered by my random lunchtime visits.

I work 9-5, often pop home at lunchtime, but not always. Only had a couple of 'accidents', both on days when I did come home, from the state of things, they were a result of upset stomach. He gets a good walk every morning before I leave.

I used the logic, that he rarely goes out after 9pm and is always fine until I get up at 6am

Logan loves routine, he won't put his harness on without a lap of the house first, but He has never been bothered by my random lunchtime visits.

Is it just Logan you have? I was thinking of getting 2 to keep the other one hhappy and less lonely whilst im out