Crate Training

HuskyLucy

I have been crate training Archie now for around 4 months praising him when going in and always feeding him in the crate.

He was going crazy when we would first put him in biting the wire and bouncing about. He has made progress where if he is tired he will eventually quiet down after about 30 mins of loud crying the first time we put him in at night. Afterwards I get up to let him out for a wee during the night when he comes back in from outside i shout in your bed and he runs in and lies down himself and i shut the door and he doesn't cry at all.

However if we are popping out during the daytime and we have took him on a long walk before hand we put him in his crate and he still cries and cries and cries. He must stop at some point though as when we get back he is quiet however I wouldn't be surprised if the crying is effecting the neighbors and would like it so he doesn't cry at all and is happy in there even when he's awake.

Is it likely he will always cry when he's first put in there or what are the next steps I should take to stop him crying completely as so far I don't see how i can stop the initial crying

Thanks

Often putting background noise works - radio, music, tv, etc

Covering the crate with a blanket can help (but watch for eating it!)

Take a bottle of wine around to the neighbours - we encourage ours to tell us if they hear anything