Hello From Minnesota!

Hello! My name is Alycs, more formally Alexia, and I live in a generally small town in minnesota. A few days before valentines day it was literally the happiest day of my life. I finally became the owner of a beautiful red haired husky and I named her Kida. She was the most beautiful dog I have ever seen. We got her at 8 weeks old.

When we went to look at her, she was 6 or 7 weeks old, and the lady was giving them out already. I should have been more careful picking the girl that I wanted. She had papers, all shots and worms up to date. She was perfect in everyway.

The day we brought her home was so heart warming and exciting. She was so sweet and she cuddled me the whole way home. We bought her a dog tag, and everything she needed.

In the car, we noticed that she had some agression towards food. That wasn't a good sign. We had to put small candles in her bowl because she would eat so fast. She slept a lot. Very oddly. But it was adorable.

2 weeks later, we had to give her up. We were supposed to be moving, which is why we got her in the first place, but plans fell through and our land lady was not having it. So we gave her to a friend, who payed us 50 every other tuesday. He loved having her at first.

Every time we would visit her, she was always so excited to see us and was doing well with potty training and crate training.

Just recently, we found an apartment with a yard and a nice neighborhood that we are going to be moving to in july. It's a set date! I messaged my friend and asked how she was doing. She is now almost 6 months old.

When I got a message back I was devastated. She was getting to be too much for him. (She has a very dominant attitude but is still a lover). He said that he wouldn't be able to take much more of her. He works all the time, people aren't keeping up with her training, and they keep her outside or in her crate for the most part. When I messaged his sister she called her a monster and that she was very agressive.

It hurt to see this being said. Because before she left, and even the first week of her being there, she was just fine. But since she hasn't had much socialization, she's become aggressive.

So we are getting her back.

On the plus side, she will get everything and more when she comes to us.

This up coming Saturday we have an evaluation with a trainer to have her trained for me as a service dog! (:

I know that this will help her a lot. And can't wait to get her back to give her the love and the care she needs.

Any advice anyone can give me for aggressive tendencies or dominance?

Here are some pics (:

The day we first saw her.

73e987c095b0a814b493f6613fcd03fa.jpg

Her brother and sister (out of 7 they were the only 3 left)

5634ce953c8af185dc92b7d6ad8b4b04.jpg

Bringing her home.

f3675b192307fd41b9646d82dfd294af.jpg

Her sleeping funny. And with my cat, tobi. (7 months at the time)

c4e95b3f79092c954cd6bcd313cab0da.jpg

a2d3d41b1d68e6351d52b946a624a3a8.jpg

Her at 4 and 5 months.

ad5a988f5cba14626fa17e08000978df.jpg

5769821bca4b796511d0491f3d15a2eb.jpg

Hello and welcome.  You have to post 5 times before being able to add pictures, its an anti spam thing :)

It's sad Kida has been pulled from pillar to post but hopefully now she will be back with you forever! This will also be good for her training and her security as she probably feels a bit confused and this maybe why she's acting the way she is.  Huskies, as with most dogs need routine consistency in their lives, so however you go about it try and be consistant.  For example if you don't want her to get on the furniture then make sure you do this from day one and reiterate it if she tries.

Try and reward good behaviour and ignore the bad, huskies learn fast! 

I'm sure others will have lots of advice and please keep asking questions, that's what we are here for :)

Good luck :)

Hello and welcome!  Good luck, and I would suggesting signing up for some training classes.  Once she gets settled and you establish some boundaries and rules things may improve.

When you get her back, be patient. Sounds like she's not been given much attention in her current situation. If you have any questions or issues, someone here will be able to offer you some answered. Good luck and welcome.