Update

Sarah

Hi all

As you probably know, my grandad is seriously ill in hospital at the moment. I've been there for 2 days with him now but have come home this morning to have a much needed shower and sleep.

Just wanted to say thank you for the well wishes, text messages etc, it does mean a lot that so many people care :)

He has a sever chest infection and is trying to fight it at the moment but is incredibly weak and is scared to sleep in case he doesn't wake up. He's couhing up blood all the time as well and hasn't eaten for 3 days. I did howver manage to spoon feed him some weetabix this morning although it wasn't much it's a start. I just hope he regains his strength enough to fight this.

I'm taking my lap top to the hospital with me tongiht so will see if i can get on line, there's only so many books you can read.

They have moved him to a side ward for more privacy so it's nice and quiet for him, thank you again for your messages and your thoughts and prayers, they really do help and I hope sometime soon we can take him home, it's a long shot but something i'm fighting for

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought are with you Sarah, its good that he did try to eat something! anything no matter how little will help build his stregnth, it heartbreaking to hear he is scared to sleep as lack of it is making him weakersad.gif he needs to rest, but completley understand the reasons why...

Fingers Crossed for him and altho he dont know us we all send him our love and best wishes....xxxxxxxx

Thank you everyone for all your kind words, text messages and PM's

I'm taking my boys out for a much needed walk soon then will be back at the hospital to stay the night with him again. I've got a dongle now so going to top it up and see if i can figure out how to use it tonight so you may see me around when he's sleeping :)