Barking And Talking

kenzeebo

Mackenzie barks at me... A lot. And I don't feel as if it's in any aggressive manner, she just is very vocal. Which is something I know about huskies but I just wanted to make sure she wasn't being rude or barking in a bad way. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there and then I'll notice she is looking at me so when I turn to look at her, she just starts barking at me. I know barking also can be an invite to play but I just... I don't know, she just talks a lot. Lol

Oh yes, Duke talks in many different ways. She's being very polite by sitting and looking at you. He climbs into my lap and puts his head on my shoulder right next to my ear and talks as loud as he can at me. That's his way of saying, please pet me!! It's definitely a husky thing. If it's anything other than a friendly talk, you'll know. When he's mad, his ears go back, his body gets stiff, and he will curl his lip.

Lobo is a talker too. He howls a lot, mostly complaining about something or if he is really happy (like when it's walk time).  He doesn't bark much unless he wants to play and we are ignoring him. Never barks if someone comes to the door or he needs to go out. It sounds like she is just trying to get your attention.  I personally love the talkers.

Thanks for everyone's help! I love that she talks too but sometimes I just don't know what she's saying lol. She never barks when someone's at the door either, which I thought she would. She knows when someone's there though, she will stop whatever she's doing and listen attentively. For such a chatty Cathy, I thought she'd be the kind to bark when someone approaches.

• 7 months later...

Oh, Navi Kikiyo barks at me and I think she's bossy! She tells me what to do all the time. Her breeder said she'd get up in the morning, walk to the fence separating Tavi kagome's litter, and she'd bark at them as if bossing them!

Tavi growls if you touch her and she doesn't to be bothered. Funny thing is, she'll growl and growl, but sometimes, after growling, she'll throw her legs open to be pet!

Navi Kikiyo is learning to say "I love you." Tavi doesn't get it yet. 

• 2 months later...

Ghost is really vocal, he talks quite a bit..if he's happy when were playing with him and also if I give him wrong for something he argues back at me which is funny to watch.

He's so cute and I love hearing him talk :-)

Astro is very barky, he's got German Shepherd in him somewhere I think that's where it comes from! He barks at the door, barks if I'm making food, barks if he needs the toilet, barks when I put my walking coat on, he never howls or talks like other huskies do!

• Like 1

ours does the same thing but it almost always means come out and play she has a very large fenced in yard with a dog door and security lighting gotta go out and play fetch or tug for about 20 minutes and she is good