Upset Stomach

ZachAttack

When my dog was a pup he had loose stools. I sorted it out by getting some sensitive dog food and he's been fine. Up untill 2 weeks ago I used to leave it down for him to graze on but doing this now causes fights between him and my new dog if one decides to cheekily pinch the others.

Now I put half down in the morning and half at night so I can supervise. He tends to eat it as fast as he possibly can now and I'm womdering if this is causing his loose stools as his diet has remained the same, just the frequency of meal times has changed. Can anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...

hey sorry about the delay. I started feeding 3 times a day now which has improved his stools but again recently theyve gone loose. I am hoping they clear up soon but im nearing my wits end now. I have a slow feed bowl but I could do with one that takes him like 20 minutes to get through though i dont think suck things exist lol

try one of these I brought one a couple months ago for a friends dog that was making its self sick it was eating so fast

http://www.petspyjamas.com/product/slow-feeder-bowl-flower-purple/PJP-00089/?gclid=CjwKEAjw5J6sBRDp3ty_17KZyWsSJABgp-OaWZ7Kojjrvi66lkGa1vxuDbL_XXU3367R7-6L5pWU6hoC3Grw_wcB

I think its the best feed I saw that will make a dog work for its food and slow down eating as they have to chase the food around the bowl and cant really trap it in a corner like some 

Edited by PaulG
added some text and fixed a typo

hey sorry about the delay. I started feeding 3 times a day now which has improved his stools but again recently theyve gone loose. I am hoping they clear up soon but im nearing my wits end now. I have a slow feed bowl but I could do with one that takes him like 20 minutes to get through though i dont think suck things exist lol

Try a gluten free /wheat free diet, gluten can cause loose stools. What are you feeding? And look at all food including treats and chews.

He is on Skinners sensitive Salmon and Rice his poops have improved I just wish he would take his time eating. I'm definitely going to buy one of those slow feed bowls as he seems to have sussed mine out already. He was fine on this food for a long time before so i dont think thats it 

He is on Skinners sensitive Salmon and Rice his poops have improved I just wish he would take his time eating. I'm definitely going to buy one of those slow feed bowls as he seems to have sussed mine out already. He was fine on this food for a long time before so i dont think thats it 

they are a tad on the pricey side but if you get the big one it should last a long time