Sunbathing Dog

kchesney8

Does anyone else have a husky that likes to lay in the sun?  It was almost 100 degrees here the other day and Aspen wanted to just lay in the dirt and sunbath.  To be honest it kind of worries me.  It seems it would be too hot for her but she loves it and I have a hard time getting her to come in.  Am I just being a worried mama?

dogs are weird I used to have a house with an open fire the dogs would lay in front of it and get so hot they would pant.

in fact they got so hot you couldn't touch their fur but they wouldn't move unless you called them away.

yep I have 2 that love it as well they also like the shade and when they get to hot they just go to the shade and cool off only to be back in the sun about 1 hr later....LOLOL  just make sure there is enough fresh water out there for her...

Ok, looks like it is normal.  My 2 are like night and day.  Tuff is a Princess, doesn't like to get wet and thinks the sun will melt him.  Aspen on the other hand is head to toe wet in her pool, sunbathing and loving life. Tuff is needy and Aspen is independent.  Somedays I think the 2 of them are going to put me in an early grave.  LOL

Darwin is a sunworshipper, he'll quite happily lay out in the hottest part of the day snoozing in the garden.

• 3 weeks later...