Can't Get My Girl To Like Water

I thought it went without saying that Siberians love water. Either I was wrong for assuming that or my baby is abnormal. She hates bath time (which is normal I think for some dogs), she doesn't seem to like swimming, and I'm pretty sure large bodies of water freak her out. We took her to the ocean once and she wouldn't go near the water. We have a river in our hometown. We've taken her there as well, and she doesn't like it. Any advice as to how to warm her up to water? Any idea why she's like this?

089b5a5c6c271b6227161c8918e859ad.jpg

She's a year old. Not sure if that matters or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first Husky was like that. Some do and some don't. Have no idea why.

Put her on a lead and you walk into the lake or ocean first up to your waist. You will want to try her in a body of water that is calm. 

Many dogs don't like to step down into a pool either.

my husky is ok with water given half a chance he would swim after ducks he likes ducks thinks they are quaking chew toys

my Samoyed x Shepherd loves water charges around splashing everyone

My old boy Shepherd is a big girls blouse lol doesn't like water, he is like don't your splashing me runs away wimp

last year just as he was getting brave enough to join my white dog (see pics posted in my hello and other pets threads)

in the water she ran up shook splashing and spraying him with water and he chickened out.

I am guessing if you have another dog or a dog yours gets on with that likes water but isn't a nutcase like my girl

she might be tempted to walk into water to join them for a paddle

links to my pictures

Alpha loves to swim...Bindi will go in if she has to but then only to rescue Alpha... but before that Bindi would not go anywhere near the water...

Had a gsd before and he would run a mile if he saw any water...

We have the opposite problem with Besr. If she spots someone's pond in their front garden, she'll try to jump in it, lol. The same isn't so for the bath. Can't get her in there for love nor money. I like Jase's suggestion of gentle coaxing. It is a new experience and might take a bit of getting used to.

My guys are not fond of garden pools and hate being showered with a garden hose but will go in streams and the sea