camsue

Our 8 month old husky just started to be a picker eater in the am. We have tried adding water and wet dog food to her dry puppy chow and sometimes she will eat it and some times she will not. We were wondering if there is something else we can try.

None of her behavior has changed she still goes for her walks daily, pees and poops regular and she is every active now that we have a fenced in yard for her to run around.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sometimes Nikko Wont eat in the morning (actually he wouldn't eat this morning). What I wouldn't do is mix anything to try and get her to eat it, as you might make her pickiness get worse, and she will expect the wet food all of the time. As long as she seems healthy, drinking normal and normal pees and poos and not lethargic she mostly likely is fine. If she doesn't eat for longer than 2 days then it would be cause for concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have this with Holly all the time...i have known her to go up to 2 days without eating her own food (whilst being quite happy to take treats and such), eventually she will eat though....if everything else is normal then i'd say its a good old case of a husky being a husky  :)

Darwin only eats once per day (his choice)

and will sometimes go two days without eating (again his choice)

He is happy and a healthy weight.

Echo being a german shepherd will happily eat all day every day.

Same as everyone, the pups will sometimes miss a meal here or there...its worst after we get back from the in-laws lake house because they feed them these moist, delicious kibbles there (we call it "crack' food) and then when they get back they basically won't eat their normal dry kibbles for up to a couple days.  Sushi will chew it and then spit it out.  They eventually get hungry after a while and will grudgingly go back to their normal food.  If everything else is normal, it is probably not something you need to worry about...hunger will set in eventually. 

If you think about dogs in the wild probably only eat 3 times a week, so to expect our domesticated ones to eat 2 or 3 times a day may be a bit much. She may have stopped growing for the moment but will return to morning eating once another growth spurt kicks in.

Do you feed her treats?

As bad as it is I let my girl choose if she wants food in the morning or not , she'll either let me know she does by kicking her bowl then scratching once at the cupboard door where her food is kept or she doesn't she'll just go n chill , my boy rarely eats in the morning too n sometimes will skip his dinner aswell