Why You Shouldn't Shave Your Husky.

Emma

The last husky I rescued had been shaved by her ignorant previous owner, it was really hard work she still panted and overheated and took over a year for a good coat to grow in

The last husky I rescued had been shaved by her ignorant previous owner, it was really hard work she still panted and overheated and took over a year for a good coat to grow in

Poor baby. I don't see many shaved huskies thankfully, but you'd be surprised how a few years back several groomers wouldn't think twice of suggesting shaving them in the summer. I think as the popularity of the breed has increased, knowledge is becoming more available. Where once I would have been asked why my dogs are onlead, I'm actually quite surprised by how many people already know why to some degree. Seems people are becoming more aware, although you'll get the odd one or two ignorant ones.

My poor little baby now has a shaved stomach after surgery.  :(  I didn't realise that when having an ultrasound the vet need to shave the whole ribcage to visualise the body cavity, thankfully we didn't need to go that far.

My poor little baby now has a shaved stomach after surgery. :( I didn't realise that when having an ultrasound the vet need to shave the whole ribcage to visualise the body cavity, thankfully we didn't need to go that far.

Oh bless her. Hope she's recovering well from the surgery. Sometimes it can't be helped like for medical reasons and areas of the body need to be shaved. Bear was shaved all over her tummy when she was spayed. Took forever to grow back but it did eventually.