Hobbling Emma :(

Emma

I meet my son at the park after school to give him a lift home. It was a lovely sunny day so I took Brooke with me to walk her around the park.

Things were going well until we got half way across the field when I suddenly felt a searing pain through the bottom of my foot. Right on the sensitive arch. I looked down and found a bumble bee there, he'd stung my foot!

I'm trying to style it out and continue walking normally but after about thirty seconds it really hurt so I just gave up and staggered across the field. By this time my son had turned up and was just standing there, leaning against a post near the car park and watching me. Nice! Don't help child will you?! Driving home was interesting, the cars an automatic and I stung my left foot so it wasn't too bad, could have been worse!

Why do I get stung so often by bees and wasps?! ?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch!!!  I use a mud poltice on bee stings.  Help draw the stinger out.

sigh. . . Em' please just stay in doors. . . In bed.. . . close the curtains and barricade the door.

That way the world might leave you alone in peace for a day or two.:P

sigh. . . Em' please just stay in doors. . . In bed.. . . close the curtains and barricade the door.

That way the world might leave you alone in peace for a day or two.:P

:rofl::rofl:

I think this might be the safest idea! I can't even walk the dogs tonight which is annoying as I was planning to do a nice long one through the woods but as it's still sore if I put any weight on it and the dogs won't be best pleased with my hobbling speed I have to bow out tonight.

Luckily my eldest is going to take over (he's 17 and stronger than me so I just about trust him.)

ouch!  I'm checking my shoes from now on!

Just be glad you don't live in Australia :D

hqdefault.jpg

she can still bump her big toe with that around her.. :D:P

I was thinking more of a full body and foot suit with a snorkel to breath out of... but even then a bee would probably crawl down and bite her tongue  :lol:

Edited by Jase

I was thinking more of a full body and foot suit with a snorkel to breath out of... but even then a bee would probably crawl down and bite her tongue  :lol:

HAHAHA yes that is true alright a big bubble ball it is with mossy netting over the breathing wholes...:P

HAHAHA yes that is true alright a big bubble ball it is with mossy netting over the breathing wholes... :P

I think we're onto something here. 'The Emma Suit' never leave home without it  :lol:

I think we're onto something here. 'The Emma Suit' never leave home without it  :lol:

yes I do believe we have something here and good for bank account as well..:D  cannot spend any money this way...

:lmao: you're both cracking me up. I think someone needs to invent a bee repellant so they keep their distance, lol. Foots still sore today. Not sure if the stinger is in there or not. I couldn't see anything Yesterdsy just a red pinprick mark where I was stung.

Lol! Thank you for wrapping me up in bubble wrap. :)

But now I'm faced with the dilemma, how do I go to the toilet? :redface1:

easy there are still openings in the bubble...:D :D :P :P