Holly Houdini Strikes Again....

Carly

As many of you will already know, Holly has to be padlocked in her crate as she likes to squeeze through any tiny gap she can find to gain access to an empty house....she has been quite well behaved of late and stopped opening the lower latch on her rate so we decided to go back to one padlock. 

Last week she escaped and caused all manner of havoc, no major damaged but when I came through the front door I did have to do a double take...so we went back to double padlocks.

Today we came home and found that she had somehow managed to unhook the lower latch and get one of the padlocks off (I don't think Mitch did it up properly to be honest) and I can't even explain what the house looked like. After having cause havoc downstairs she took herself off upstairs to cause equally as much havoc. Seven went to investigate and just screamed for her dad, Mitch went up and the called down to me...." Where was your wedding dress?" I couldn't answer because I was trying not to be sick he called me again "Carly..." (he never calls me by my actual name!) "was your wedding dress in this bag?". Tripping over my words and fighting back tears I tried to explain that it was in a bag yes and it had been hanging on the back of the door. " So it wasn't in the plastic bag?" he now asked. When I bought it home it came in a huge plastic cover which I was keeping for taking it back for alterations and it was this bag Holly had chewed up.....I CANNOT tell you how relieved I was at that point. Seven was now crying because she discovered that three of her dolls had been savaged and I was almost crying at the fact my dress was thankfully still intact!

Other damage included;

* half bag of Galaxy counters...eaten! and boy is she feeling the effects.....or rather I've just cleared it up off the patio!

* half eaten scatter cushion from the back of the sofa

* ripped up tassels from the arm covers on the sofa

* top of the subwoofer scratched to bits where she used it for leaverage to get into the window cill

* £3000 TV balancing (don't even know how it wasn't in the floor) on its stand where she's knocked it getting onto the window cill

* chewed up tea towel

* chewed up one of Seven's toys beyond repair and three others have been bitten and taken to different rooms in the house

* Seven's hairbrush and deodorant ended up on my bed?

* chewed holes in Seven's onesie and one of her school polo shirts

* chewed one of my tops

* she wee'd in Seven's bedroom

* she poo'd in our bedroom

Edited by Carly

Oh wow. She really went to town there didn't she! Ice likes to chew up our toothbrushes. I've gone through so many I couldn't even tell you. Thank god your wedding dress is still intact. Anywhere you can hide it just to make sure it's safe if she does escape again?

I think you need to rename her Havok

She had a busy time.

I think you need to invest in a new crate, something built like this perhaps. . . . 

17566v.jpg

why not just put a sliding bolt on the outside of the door of the room her crate is in, so even if she does get out she cant get into the rest of the house 6 screws and problem solved

Andy - that crate is ace, where do we get one??? lol

Paul - we live an terraced house and both cratess are in the middle living room, there are no doors as the whole of downstairs is kind of connected....we have however shut the gate into the living room and the door to upstairs just in case, MItch however assures me he has double checked the padlocks

I have 2 of these in the van may be 1 of these might be helpful, I also have the wire ones for camping but i do know Alpha can get out of this one buy pushing against the side and bend it so he can just about get out...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/B00NGO7JRY/dp/B00NGO7JRY?SubscriptionId=AKIAIQWHH4HRPK7LRQTQ&tag=ip-gd-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00NGO7JRY&ascsubtag=Aluminum000Dog000Crates