Outsider tried to "discipline" my dog

peachstatevolgirl

So last weekend the hubby and I decided to take a ride to the local hangout spot and meet a few friends. We take Neyla on a lead and start walking her around. One of our acquaintances had a hunting dog there and I made sure to keep Neyla away from him because she gets really excited around other dogs. When he spotted her, though, he ran over to her and I made Neyla sit. He started looking like he was going to snap and my poor girl was just sitting there! His owner came over and started slapping his dog with a ball cap, yelling no. He then proceeded to try and do the same to Neyla! His excuse? You can't discipline one dog and not the other! You can't imagine how many expletives ran through my mind, but I can tell you that I politely stopped him before he could do any mental or physical damage to my baby. Let me add that she is fully disciplined and then some! She knows all her basic commands plus a few fun ones, and we're not done yet! I could really rant about him using his bully breed for hog hunting, that his method of disciplining is nothing short of abusive confusion, and the fact that the dog didn't look healthy at all, but I'll save that for another day on another forum. How would you have reacted? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg, he tried to hit your dog?  God knows it terrible enough that he hit his own dog, he's got no excuse for it but to try that barbaric treatment to your dog is completely out of order!  I would be fuming too!   

Edited by Emma

Some people shouldn't own dogs

I pity his kids (if he has any)

I'm usually very softspoken, but when it involves my baby, the mama bear comes out. To make matters worse, the guy involved was one of my hubby's friends. Not necessarily BFF level but friends enough that he should have known how much Neyla means to us. Thankfully he doesn't have any kids! I can't imagine how he would treat them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he would have been flat out next to his dog and the police would have been called... does not matter to me if he would be friends ...still be flat on the ground kissing dirt...

What a muppet.  There are some things in life that you don't mess with, my dog is one of them.  

read this a few hours ago and was so stunned had to go away and think about it. Im stunned, he had no need to disipline your dog just remove his. Hope if he ever has kids he's with someone with sense, as for being a friend it doesn't give him the right to treat you and your baby badly.