Thank you, this site saved my sanity! (Husky feeding)

Rinny

Just want to say a big THANK YOU for the info on this site.

I got my Sibe boy in January and he has always had really loose stools, the breeder I got him from said it was completely normal for Husky's to be runny and as I have always had Great Danes I trusted her to start with but he started getting looser and looser until I was having to get up at 2am every morning just to clean his cage.

Trips to the vets found nothing wrong, test after test for parasites came back clear, food allergies tested for and clear, tried every diet the vet suggested and still nothing helped....until I found this site.

After reading a post on here I realized everyone was telling me to over feed him, the breeder inc!

I have now reduced the amount of food he has by nearly half and he is a much happier dog and I can finally clean up after him without having to use a spade.

So thank you all xx

Great news,  ice was very runny too when he was little, huskies do seem to have very sensitive stomachs although not all of them.  A lot of them do well with grain free food and like you discovered yourself to feed slightly less than the recommended amount.   :)

most dog foods if you follow the weight guides will have you over feeding dogs, but that said some dogs will do ok on a handful of food others need more

its always a case of seeing what an individual dog is like.

old rule of thumb guide that seems to be right is you should be able to feel and just see last three ribs of the dog of you cant feel them they are over weight

if you can feel more under

So glad you've got to the bottom of it (no pun intended honest lol) 

It's easy done - i have sometimes over fed my 3 when i think hubby hasn't fed them and they get seconds oops and wow do I know about it the next day lol

Loki was like this (and still does have it very frequently). When I got him from the breeder he was on purely dry food and it really didn't seem to sit well for him. Well, now he has almost stopped eating completely and it's a bit less frequent. Huskies are just strange dogs :P