Is he a puppy?

michelle12

Lobo just turned 2 and is a tall husky.  He weighs 70 lbs and actually looks a bit on the thinner side. Several times recently when I've been out walking him people have asked if he's a puppy or how big will he get when fully grown.  Um, no, he is really tall for a husky and hopefully done growing. Maybe because he is a little thin they ask but I am always a little surprised anyone thinks he is still a puppy. Does anyone else get questions like that?

gallery_11256_2_376285.jpggallery_11256_2_11308.jpg

Edited by michelle12

I often get asked how old Logan is and people are always surprised he is not a puppy. I think it is the cute looks they give, people associate cute with puppy. Now I think about it, it's the same people who comment that he is small for a Husky. Never heard a Husky-Owner describe him as small!

Looks good here too although it would be good to see a photo of him standing up from the side and from above.  Most people don't realise that huskies are supposed to be lean animals.  There's also a common misconception over what exactly is a healthy weight for their breed and so some people think they're dogs are a good weight when in reality they are actually a bit overweight.

I get the same things about Cheza about her being thin. Some people don't know that husky's are actually pretty good about regulating their own food intake.  Cheza never eats more than she needs and is known to leave food behind. (As long as it isn't peanut butter :)

I think yours looks very healthy 

Here is a picture of mine if it helps. She is on the smaller end at only 38 lbs but I would still say the proportions are the same. 

IMG_3226.thumb.jpg.37f7c09007331fcb36829

I got the same thing about Blaze today. They guessed him to be 6 months but he is a year and half. He is just tall! He was taller then I expected,lol. I'm not sure on weight but tomorrow he has to go to the vet since his rabies shot has to be switched to my name and registered with the county. At 7 months he weighed 45lbs according to his vet records I was given.