Easier with 2?

Dan

Having just got a job, I've been stressing a bit about leaving Loki home alone, as I now live by myself. I've been really considering getting a puppy to grow up with Loki, but I'm a bit worried about the extra stress. That said I've heard from many people that it's actually a bit less stressful as they keep each other occupied.

I know Loki howls and tries digging if I leave him home alone for too long, but do they usually deal with it a bit better if they have company? I don't expect to be working excessively and will still definitely have the time for them, but I stress over the idea of him being left alone for longer periods of time, both for the neighbours sanity and also the digging. Not sure ..

Yup, two's generally better than one - keep each other company so neither gets lonely. Six isn't a bad number either, a nice round number, half a dozen, etc - which is what we're up to with our recent foster guest :)

Yarp, two's better. . . 

Although a puppy, with no one at home during the day for the first couple of months Potty training etc.

Maybe a rescue ??

Yeah definitely looking into rescues too, though it's a bit hard finding any around the same age or younger than Loki. Last time I tried a rescue he was far too dominant and would attack Loki if he tried to get my attention. Just figured with a puppy there's a much, much better chance they'll get along fine. But still just a thought :)

Half a dozen .. maybe one day, but I think 2 will be fun enough for now :D

Edited by Dan

2 that get on aren't a problem we rescued and have  2 of similar age.

But 2 that don't get on can be a nightmaaaaare! We had one that was hated by everyone for no apparent reason, in the end for everyone's sanity we found her a lovely home with neighbours as a single dog, so close but not too close lol.

It's not just the breed but each dog is an individual personality and that has to be looked at to make sure they fit in properly and kindly.

Nikko was a nightmare as an only pup. I decided to get another dog and went to meet a few rescues and had some bad meetings so I decided to get a puppy. I got Yukon when Nikko was 9 months old and it helped out a lot! Although it was still hard dealing with another puppy but Yukon caught on quickly since Nikko was already trained. However they were both crated while I was at work so it had no effect on them not being lonely when I was gone. But overall I thought it was pretty easy and they kept each other occupied Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But 2 that don't get on can be a nightmaaaaare! We had one that was hatedwe've uperyone for no apparent reason, in the end for everyone's sanity we found her a lovely home with neighbours as a single dog, so close but not too close lol.

It's not just the breed but each dog is an individual personality and that has to be looked at to make sure they fit in properly and kindly.

i agree totally, we had them meet several times beford Solo joined us x we've had a couple of fights but nothing major (both started by non husky Charlie in a grumpy mood),,