Don't like new layout

Clare70

Howdy all

Been a while since I've had the chance to post here, been manic at home with kids and dogs :)

As the tiltle says I'm really not a fan of this new layout for the forum. I don't mind change but I find it very unfriendly. Not sure how every one else finds it, maybe its just me, I'm getting so many ads too.

I will try and get used to it but I wouldn't be surprised if the new members count went down.

Sorry Marc, just being honest :)

It has taken me a few days to get used to it all ...but I do like the new layout...ok cause of being a sponsor I cannot see how many adds there are...

I liked the old layout better too, and must admit it cut down the number of visits to the site.

I see there's lots of cool new features now, but as the girls said above, it just seems as it's somehow user unfriendly.:mellow:

I don't have a problem with it on the laptop, it's fine for me personally.    

But that said, I really don't get on too well with it on the iPad or tapatalk.    Mainly coz of all the bugs it currently has. 

I don't mind the new layout though when it first rolled out I was able to see threads that I didn't have permission to.  It was annoying to click the link wait for it to load (site is slow for me for some reason) and then get greeted with a message about needing more permissions.

Either way guys A+ community.  I appreciate having a forum like this no matter the layout.

not too fond of the new look too, I have also noticed and issue when viewing a 2 or 3 page thread first page loads quick next pages just seem to take ages to load.

Also I do not seem to have anyway to delete my pm's and my mail box is slowly filling up, at some point I am going to be unable to get any new messages

What you will notice from the above are the people who don't like it tend to be the people who are on here the most or do not like any change in the first place. It will take some getting used to and the version we were previously on people didn't like when we first moved to it either. Also bare in mind that its early days, so there is still a lot I am updating at present.

As for the ads, the site is free and has to pay for itself somehow. This is why sponsors don't see ads :) 

Thanks for the update Marc but it's not exactly helpful :) . I don't mind change when change is better and I've only known the site in it's former form. I'm not asking for it to change back, just merely pointing out the parts I don't like and hoping it may be addressed.

I'm not only thinking of myself but also for the good of the forum, I mean we don't exactly seem to have that many new members at the moment, I wonder if that's because its summer or whether its IT related.

I refer to the saying 'if it ain't broke then why try an fix it' ;)

Unfortunately technology however doesn't stand still. Its about the only thing where "if its not broke" doesn't fit unfortunately (well, fortunately for me I guess as thats how I make a living). Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the post and encourage posts like these, Im just saying that the site has changed previously also and the last version that people liked, was actually disliked when it was first introduced. 

Reality is it will take some time getting used to and on top of that I have worked on the previous design for over 2 years. Im not gonna finish this thing over night :D  . There are a lot of new things to come, a lot of design changes to come. Ads I can't really speak for as they have always been present on both the new and the old version.

For activity btw, its always quiet at this time of year. Same goes for pretty much every forum and its actually the reason I'm doing all this stuff now rather than in 6 month time.