Give me feedback

Marc

FIXED

In progress

FIXED

FIXED

Its actually already responsive in design. To be honest not sure why people didn't like the fluid layout, but I guess everyone is different. What it has now is a maximum width and therefore it will still reduce in size if you go smaller, but there is a maximum width that it will allow for the site as a whole. I will be doing both versions once I finish with layout changed so that way people can chose their own preference.

FIXED

Im gonna need example of these so I can take a look for you as it shouldn't be doing this.

Thats correct. It holds the text you were writing. This way you can write a ton of text and go out, go to another topic and reply, brush your teeth, have a weeks holiday, then come back and that mass of text is still there waiting for you.

This is highly likely to be because of the age of the browser. As with anything else, technology moves on. This is the very latest and will not support old browsers.

FIXED

This sounds like you are not on the correct skin on re-reading this. Click on "Theme" at the bottom of the page and check you are using the v4.0.11 test version. 

I am on the correct version

We don't control the tapatalk app unfortunately. It seems however that you may have added more forums on there lol

Right click on desktop, select display properties and it will give you your screen resolution. I will need that so I can test it from here and correct it

Is the desktop my home page, I mean when everthing is closed down and all I can see if a picture of Harry as my background and on the left are icons as short cuts? If yes then when I right click it does not show a 'properties' option.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sadly don't frequent the site as much as I used to or as much as I'd like to for that matter but for what it's worth I logged in today and was pleasantly surprised at the new look. I started a topic and the drag and drop picture feature is amazing! I saw some people having issues with the resolution, I use a 27" monitor that has a resolution of 2560x1440 and it looks incredibly nice. Big fan here.

Edited by jonnyc4t

Problems I've had with using properties like max-width in the past is that on some mobile devices, they report their screen resolution higher than it actually is (possibly something to do with text scaling options, not sure), so the site will actually be too big for the mobile device and allow horizontal scrolling. Another reason (although sometimes not applicable to mobiles) is whether the browser takes a vertical scroll bar into account with the page width, and also whether the window actually extends right to the edge of the screen. As an example if you are using a 1280x1024 monitor and you force the page with to 1024px, you'll still get a horizontal scroll bar if the page is long enough since the vertical scroll bar is taking up some room. It's not such an issue if the page has sufficient padding on each side which can take up the slack but seeing as mobiles don't usually have scroll bars, they're a real pain to style sometimes. I'm sure you probably already know all this though :)

Not really a big deal but I notice I still can't actually change my mood emoticon on my phone, as it won't scroll down far enough to reach the buttons, and I can't zoom out any further. Apart from that not had any other issues beyond what you're still yet to finish implementing.

Edited by Dan

I am on the correct version

Is the desktop my home page, I mean when everthing is closed down and all I can see if a picture of Harry as my background and on the left are icons as short cuts? If yes then when I right click it does not show a 'properties' option.

If its windows 8, the setting is "screen resolution" when you right click.

I think its display settings on 7 if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...