New husky owner

Jenniebean123

Hi I am going to pick up my first husky 2 Moro I had a malamute when I was younger but that's theclosest I've had to owning a husky she's an adult at 7 years old im hoping she gets along with our lab owners said she was good with there small dog any advice for a first timer she's been on a run with no toys and not a lot of attention so I'm guessing she will be a bit hyper 

image.jpg

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Somewhat Similar to mally's , huskies have a very high prey drive and are generally not reliable offlead.   Make sure to find out what she's been eating and ensure any brand swap is done gradually over several days and ideally a week or so.  That's because quite a few huskies have a sensitive stomach and you don't really want to have to follow them around cleaning up runny poop if you can help it!  

If she's not used to humans, she may be quite nervous at first.  Make sure to giver her plenty of personal space and lots of time to gradually get used to the change in environment and change in ownership.    It might take a while, however she might simply walk through the door like she owns the place and jump all over you.  It's hard to predict beforehand which way the axe will fall.    Good luck, I hope things go well. Keep us updated!   :D  xxx