Job interviews

Jay

I've been at my current job for a year and not really liking it for awhile now. It's a small law firm and I don't like the other assistant who is the "staff manager". She makes me do all the work while she does nothing but bark orders. So I've been looking around and have 3 different opportunities:

First one, and the one I want the most is with the US government in the District Court. I've always wanted to work for the federal government, once you are in its easy to move around and up, and little or no worry of loosing your job. But it's near my current job do still an hour and a half commute.

Second is boring work but the company is progressive and a lot of perks including flex time. But it's also in Chicago so a long commute

Third is a firm real close to my house (2 miles away), and the same sort of work I do now. But I doubt they pay more than I'm making now and they have been going back and forth with me since April so I'm not sure about them at all

Hopefully one of them will pan out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  The one I think I really want is Wednesday working for the federal government in the US District Court. It's exactly why I went into the legal profession, but it's still a long commute; the office is actually just 2 blocks from where I work now. 

Well I got a job offer for a law firm 2 miles from my house, making more than I am now. So I'm going to be taking it! I'll have much more time with the huskies and be able to be home at lunch!! I'm really excited for this opportunity and even more excited to see my doggies more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be starting on November 2nd, I plan on telling them here at the end of next week. Funny thing is that they just gave me a raise today lol.  But this job pays more PLUS its close to home!

Oh what I would give to get a raise.  Make sure to let us know how giving your notice goes.  To me, that was always the fun part.  But I've only worked for a couple places since I started paying taxes.  Have been with my current employer over 38 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, less than 5 days left at my current job.  Next Monday I will be 2 miles from home and be able to see the huskies more often, which I am excited about...

But I had a second interview at the US District Court in Chicago, which is like my dream job, but it would keep me away from home.  It will be really difficult if I have to make a decision if I am offered that job.