Irrational fear

Emma

My son's got me watching the walking dead series on tv recently. For those who haven't seen it, it's about the world becoming infected with something that turns people into zombies when they die.

It probably wasn't a good idea as now I'm really jumpy! Lol.

I tried to take the rubbish out last night. Got as far as the front door and got scared, lol. I literally ran to the bin and back ASAP! My imagination tends to work in overdrive at the best of times.

My other big fear is clowns. The Stephen King one (who shall not be named) in particular has haunted my nightmares for many years.

Are you afraid of anything?

Oh, Poor Emma 

Nope not me 

However I'm in the middle of watching the poltergiest remake, and that's full of creepy clowns so I'd

stay clear of that one too.

I have an irrational fear...quite a rare one. It's a form of dendrophobia...which is a blanket term for a fear of trees. But in my case, a very specific type of tree. Basically I can't touch pine trees (coniferous trees) because I hate the feeling...had it since I was a very small child and don't really know how it came about. It doesn't impact my daily life but even 20 years later I still can't get within a few meters of a pine tree without feeling jumpy. It was an issue when I was younger and we had a real tree at christmas.

It sounds really weird (most irrational fears are). I know some may think it's ridiculous and you're right it is. I've never really told anyone about it but since you asked :D I don't think I'll ever get over it but I'm not fussed.

Edited by NotTheDogWhisperer

Brontophobia is my odd one. Always been like that. I love the weather normally but as soon as a storm gets too close I go into a pretty uncontrollable panic attack, not really sure how it came about. Not quite as bad now as when I was younger but it still sets me off :mellow:

Heights

Snakes 

Spiders (Cheza eats these for me)

Yeah I don't like heights either, and luckily I haven't seen many spiders since I got the huskies  I would rather not know that I am getting kisses from spider breath huskies :o

I have an irrational fear...quite a rare one. It's a form of dendrophobia...which is a blanket term for a fear of trees. But in my case, a very specific type of tree. Basically I can't touch pine trees (coniferous trees) because I hate the feeling...had it since I was a very small child and don't really know how it came about. It doesn't impact my daily life but even 20 years later I still can't get within a few meters of a pine tree without feeling jumpy. It was an issue when I was younger and we had a real tree at christmas.

It sounds really weird (most irrational fears are). I know some may think it's ridiculous and you're right it is. I've never really told anyone about it but since you asked [emoji3] I don't think I'll ever get over it but I'm not fussed.

Thank you for sharing. I can't imagine Xmas is much fun for you. Pine trees everywhere. Bit like me when I go to the circus with the children. Of course the big difference is I chose to put myself in that situation, whereas you have no choice.

Yeah I don't like heights either, and luckily I haven't seen many spiders since I got the huskies  I would rather not know that I am getting kisses from spider breath huskies :o

Oh dont worry they lick their butts long before they lick you :)