Husky puppy questions!

pinkmoonk

Hello! 

Picking up our first husky this week..very excited to meet him.  After looking for a long time we've decided on this little guy.. He is about 15 weeks old.  He is tri-colored, primarily blackish-grey.  I was reading coat colors can drastically change, is there any truth to that?  I was curious to know what you guys opinions of him were, if he looks purebred and/or healthy?  I know its hard to decipher just looking at some pictures, but any input would be great! Thanks so much

56168e65f1ff6_IMG_0257_3782604.thumb.JPG56168e6c257f8_IMG_0256_3782603.thumb.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

He does look like one of the grey coat colours, either wolf grey or standard grey. They can change quite a bit, getting lighter or darker and facial markings can alter quite drastically but their coat colour will stay within the same colour group. A grey pup won't turn into a red, white or black for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. He looks full Husky to me as well. I see he is in what I call, the bat-ear stage. Their ears grow faster than their bodies, and then their bodies catch up later.  He has a beautiful mask.  But it will change over time.

Aw he's adorable and looks like a healthy,full husky to me. I remember when my pup was so little with giant ears. Yes their coats and masks change as they grow.  Even from age 1 to 2 my husky's mask has changed and continues to.  Have fun with your cute puppy.