Big update (2 dogs + 1 = ...)

BlueWolf

Hello everyone! I have a big big update. But before that I have to update on something else for those who've followed my journey through Scandinavia for a bit.

Because I am back in the Netherlands. Sadly I was without work rather unexpectedly but as I have already realised, last minute changes are very common in the sleddog community up there. The place I was working for had too many people. But since I was outsourced to another kennel in Finland in the mean time it wasn't a problem, until that company decided that they didn't need my help any more and sent me back... So they weren't prepared for that which meant I had no place to stay. And thus I am now without a job. I have stuck around for a week at a nearby camping site looking for other work but every other kennel already had plenty of people. So for now I am back in the Netherlands, planning my next move.

I have now found work again starting in June with a good chance that I can stay there all the way through the winter. This is the exact area I eventually want to move to so it will give be a great opportunity to look around for a permanent job. However this meant just waiting 8 months in boring Netherlands which wasn't really a fun outlook... So for the big update....

Meet Dex!

FB_IMG_1446235050043.thumb.jpg.d23621a42

He's not here just yet. We're gonna collect him this Saturday hopefully. But we have visited him today and I pretty much instantaneously fell in love with him. Which is good because he won't be Ruth's dog but instead this lovely 1,5 year old boy will be my very (finally!) first dog I will own :)

Today we brought Wodak along with us since he was the only uncertain factor but they did incredible well. Wodak wasn't yet ready to have him all up close yet but Dex got the hints and backed off when needed. Wodak has always been playful but never could with Glala and Dana. Dex is nothing but a huge bundle of playful energy so I am confident that over time these two will get along fine. Dex is an incredible goofy and fun dog to be around with. He has a great personality. I'm sure he'll give me lots of work, lol. But I am more okay with that.

Today I also left my parents house and moved in with Ruth. While I'm here in the Netherlands Dex will be living here with the rest of the gang. But when I'll be out to Sweden to work with sleddogs again he'll be my travelling companion and potentially even work with me. Ruth is being an amazing person to me for willing to provide me a home for both me and a dog while I am here.

There were some other dogs around as well. Tried getting some photos of him playing but mobile + darkness don't make good photos. But it's better than nothing ;)

IMG_20151104_183229.thumb.jpg.5a874f267e

IMG_20151104_183300.thumb.jpg.f565508d79

IMG_20151104_183316.thumb.jpg.2dbd0f2a62

IMG_20151104_183550.thumb.jpg.9f48f90f54

IMG_20151104_185543.thumb.jpg.9e94ab3f0b

16 hours ago, Sarah said:

oh exciting! Be sure to get some videos - heck who am I kidding this is you we're talking about LOL - buy yourself a bigger memory card as I think you're going to need it LOL xx

You can count on that one ;) I'm considering starting a new "Husky2" album since my previous one has about 1200 photos now which is starting to be incredible hard to navigate around, lol.

8 hours ago, robke said:

oh where are you getting him from then , which part of the country??

Capelle aan Den IJssel. Not actually *that* far away, but during the busy hours of the day (read: all of them) you'll do nothing but driving in traffic jams.