Stroke

x-o-emz-o-x

Don't know if this right place??

My youngest son had a stroke in January the day before his 3rd birthday,

Was a very frightful thing to go through, for him, for me and his brother and sister.

Asking if anyone else on here has had experience of this? We get support but not the same as speaking to someone else who has been in the same situation,

Thanks [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear this, how is he doing now?  

I only have experience with adults and strokes.  My great uncle was left with some loss to his fine motor skills and speech.  Over time he managed to strengthen and rehabilitate his motor skills very well.  His speech is still slightly slurred when he's tired (or had a bit too much to drink) but he has come along in leaps and bounds over time.  He lives alone and is fully functional.  Still redecorating/building things/dog walking/hiking etc..basically, it hasn't stopped him from living a full life.  

Sorry i I can't be of any more help but remember we're here for support if you need us. Xxx

Thank you.  Great to hear that your son is doing better now too.  My uncle is one very tough cookie, always has been.  I think that made it harder for him in the early days as he's always used to fighting his own way through things and of course in the early days after the stroke he found himself suddenly unable to do things which understandably made him incredibly frustrated.  It was a long road back to normality but he did get there and it sounds like your son has headed well down that path of rehabilitation too.  :)