What is this dog

PaulG

Looks like an edited photo of a husky or mally to me. I've seen lots of variants of the spitz breed but never one bigger than a leonberger (I think that's how it's spelt). Imagine the coat blowing if it's real.......oh my! And the size of the poop would be humongous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think its a fake photo touch up job, as the shadows match and the arms around the belly  fit so do the paw sizes  between front an back.

That dog is a MONSTER yes there is a little bit of forced perspective but even then that dog is huge

This is Stanley who, whilst a big dog (45+ kg) is not quite as big as this - the only bit I had problems with was the paving under. Given a little more than the 15 mins I spent on the small web-sized image, I'd be able to do a full size version. But if I was to try and fool from scratch I'd just use a wide angle lens which enlarges the foreground

_MG_8373.jpg.e2e3f5e7e51b46a9250fca0ea1c

36 minutes ago, Markulous said:

This is Stanley who, whilst a big dog (45+ kg) is not quite as big as this - the only bit I had problems with was the paving under. Given a little more than the 15 mins I spent on the small web-sized image, I'd be able to do a full size version. But if I was to try and fool from scratch I'd just use a wide angle lens which enlarges the foreground

_MG_8373.jpg.e2e3f5e7e51b46a9250fca0ea1c

This isn't really the original photo so it's hard to tell, but you can definitely see that something has been edited alongside her knee and his tongue. Though the dog and the human itself seem to be fine and unedited.

Also, this is Daron the Leonberger. I have no idea what his size and weight was but he would be a good competitor ;)

IMG_6181.1024.thumb.JPG.0dbfaf878984d367

• 2 weeks later...