Antonio

So....

Yesterday he started to use his puppy pad a couple of times, and is getting use to us opening the door and going outside on his own, even did his business outside twice! but  still when he can be bothered lol.

He has found lots of spots to hide and lay down, disappear for ten minutes yesterday, made his way through back of the sofa, we heard him whimper and lifted him out lol.

But: 

Came home at 3:30am and light on and wife was up, he been wimpering and she came down at midnight to stay with him, told her not to. So she went to work at 4am with 2hrs sleep. We are trying to plan all the rules starting from next week as he seems to be settling ok, keeping in mind he is just a small pup. Has his second vacation next Wednesday then he can finally go out the week after.

1448450861949.thumb.jpg.8bf7e8bca920c966

Any tips/advice welcome guys

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the only tip I can really give is to be persistant. Its really the only way to train properly. It can be hard work when you get a puppy to leave them when they are making noise, but after a while they will get used to it and the quicker you learn to leave them, the quicker they will learn to be alone during the night. 

Are you crate training or just leaving downstairs?

8 hours ago, Marc said:

Unfortunately the only tip I can really give is to be persistant. Its really the only way to train properly. It can be hard work when you get a puppy to leave them when they are making noise, but after a while they will get used to it and the quicker you learn to leave them, the quicker they will learn to be alone during the night. 

Are you crate training or just leaving downstairs?

No crate, just downstairs and confined to the kitchen at night time. Has worked in the past for pups, they never really used the crate.

And made a mistake in the thread his first vacation is at 8weeks.....am I right? Don't know why I thought he must have had his first. Think he's only been wormed to date, should be again soon

2 minutes ago, Antonio said:

No crate, just downstairs and confined to the kitchen at night time. Has worked in the past for pups, they never really used the crate.

And made a mistake in the thread his first vacation is at 8weeks.....am I right? Don't know why I thought he must have had his first. Think he's only been wormed to date, should be again soon

He should have been wormed before you picked him up - they have their first vaccine at 8 weeks and then at around 11 or 12 x

Well hard not to pamper him, getting spoilt.

Doing well with house training for the moment, just the odd time we don't catch him on time but he's not even 8 weeks yet.

Scratches to go out and quick little bark to come back in. ( his little bark is so cute).

Knows when he's to be fed, and have him looking at me eat before he does. Comes back with toys when called. And having a good play with him before bedtime seems to wear him out a bit and after 10-15min he's quiet. 

Think this is where it might start, been whining all till 3am had to come down and clean up mess in kitchen. Think he slept too much early last night ( when I put him in kitchen he was asleep) 

Think his food is not doing him any good as he is like a fountain at minute, I took all puppy treats away ( puppy Kong biscuits etc) to see if it was that but it hasn't gone away.

He is on "James Wellbeloved puppy food" becouse they had him on Bakers and vet told them to change 2 days before i got him. Thought it could have been change of food or home but persisting too long now.

Q. Should I change his food now or wait till I go to vet's next Thursday? 

Just he's not doing well I think on this diet. 

Amy suggestions on witch food or any advice welcome...

He has appetite and is drinking ok, seems to be growing and very active just watery stools, can hear him go wind when he does them, not right.

Below with one of his favourite toys "Rudy" I got him this when we went first time to see him. Chewed some bits off but it's surviving lol

IMAG1109.thumb.jpg.61ee8ad245dff74a6c1f2

IMAG1114.thumb.jpg.3d478f1be8f993af7d2ad