Question about grooming

Tatipu

I was just curious -- 

1.Do huskies get matted hair for not being groomed or is that more of a problem in longer haired dogs?

2. Is it bad that people don't brush their huskies?  I know a lot of people in Houston that don't ever brush their huskies and it looks pretty gross that their hair is sticking out in so many places. I've had so many people tell me they never brush their huskies so I'm just curious what is your view on that?  (Usually those people have shorter haired huskies than the norm but still -- I've had some medium coated husky owners tell me they don't groom their dogs except for before bathing)

3. And Last Question -- If I see a husky with tufts all over, is that poor grooming or just s/he is blowing the coat so much the handler can't keep up?  (Jelly has never blown her coat with tufts so I don't know what to think! And on top of that, I brush her daily which led me to the possible wrong assumption that huskies with so many tufts showing aren't groomed that often (?) )

Let me know. Sorry if I said anything offensive!  ^

1 , mine 'rarely' get brushed , skyla has only ever got matted where her collar sits but she is longer coated , blaze hasn't had a problem

2, mine only get brushed when they're blowing their coats

3, mine only get tufts when they're blowing their coats and can end up looking neglected for it , specially skyla because I'll wait till she's as tufty as possible before brushing her but only because she gets static in her fur so I try not to brush her too often

1.Do huskies get matted hair for not being groomed or is that more of a problem in longer haired dogs?  Some can.  Those that are woolies can get matted fur.  Some Huskies have longer hair, and they too can become matted.  Both of ours are short hair Huskies, so it's not an issue.

2. Is it bad that people don't brush their huskies?  I know a lot of people in Houston that don't ever brush their huskies and it looks pretty gross that their hair is sticking out in so many places. I've had so many people tell me they never brush their huskies so I'm just curious what is your view on that?  (Usually those people have shorter haired huskies than the norm but still -- I've had some medium coated husky owners tell me they don't groom their dogs except for before bathing) To each their own.  When Huskies are blowing their coats, you can brush them and an hour later, they look like they've never seen a brush.  

3. And Last Question -- If I see a husky with tufts all over, is that poor grooming or just s/he is blowing the coat so much the handler can't keep up?  (Jelly has never blown her coat with tufts so I don't know what to think! And on top of that, I brush her daily which led me to the possible wrong assumption that huskies with so many tufts showing aren't groomed that often (?) )  Tufts are usually from coat blowing.  At least with ours that has been my experience.

I brush mine when they're blowing.    The thing with the tufts is that you can spend ages grooming them and then ten minutes later more tufts are sprouting up.  It's like hoovering the carpet: a never ending cycle, lol. 

tufts are a nice and relaxing to pullout when blowing their coat...but since we have the blower I must say less and less hair just comes out and when full low is on it will certainly help...:D

Thanks for the answers and apologies for my slow response :D .

I always wondered since I don't believe I've seen a normal coated husky get matted and have only heard of longer haired / woolies getting mats in their fur .

It's also nice to know opinions on grooming .

I always see you guys post and there's a LARGE amount of fur but I've never had that much fur and Jelly has a very plush coat so I would expect her to have shed/blows like your huskies! 

Thanks for the help guys :) It's much appreciated!