Shave or no?

momofallboys

Agreed the ONLY time a husky is shaved is for medical purposes. i.e. for an operation.

Hidden

I hear this over and over in the south, but it is simply a misunderstanding of the breed. Nothing should be done that can damage the weatherproofing in the dog's coat. This includes furminating, trimming, and cutting!

You can find stories of this breed being out sunning themselves in Florida long after the other dogs have gone inside.

10672356_10152461946488392_3018722648591691747_n.jpg

542788039_orig.jpg

We had to have Zoya's right leg and hip shaved last January, for knee surgery.  It took almost seven months for the fur to grow back and it is not the same density as it once was.  So definitely do not shave a Husky unless medically necessary.

I almost shaved my first husky, Nunook. But when I did it, the first slice came off, and it just looked like I'd made a mistake. So I stopped at the one stroke. I looked up "How" to shave it right and learned not to shave it at all. Glad I stopped. But that one spot, never looked right. It always had a slight "dip" on that side of the body.