Too much or too little?

Turner8470

Hey all,

Probably a frequently asked question, but how far or for how long should a husky get walked daily?

The reason i ask is that we recently moved house and, instead of doing one long walk per day, we now do 3 shorter walks for about 30-40 minutes each (between 1.5 and 3 miles depending on speed).

The dogs seem to be enjoying it more with thr shorter walks and appear to exert more energy on each, so im wondering whether this is more beneficial for their health?

They are both around 2 years old, so id assume they havent quite finished growing and I dont want to cause any health problems earlier on in life by doing too much or too little.

Can someone please enlighten me so i can give them what they deserve?

At two years of age, they could easily go an hour or two per walk. One early in the day and one later. But your current schedule seems fine as well. I'd stick with what you are doing and reaccess in a month and make adjustments. You know your dogs better than anyone, and all dogs vary in their condition and stamina.

Agree with my diamond, at 2 years old they're grown up and can handle longer walks.

when advising pups, the guideline is five minutes per month of age.  So a four month pup would have a 20 minutes walk.  You could do multiple 20 mins walks per day.