My Angel

subarugrl07

I have a 16 month old Husky named Angel who is the love of our life and a great addition to our family. With in the past week he has gotten very skittish about coming in the door so I have a hard time getting him in. He lowers his ears and crouched down when he comes in. We have no other pets. I have asked other family members if anything happened like accidentally shutting him in the door, they say no. He does not do it coming in the front door just the back door. Its like he scenes something but not sure what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a picture of my Angel boy!

handsome angel.jpg

Is it a sliding glass door?  He may have accidentally run full speed into it when you weren't around. My dog ran full speed into the screen door and it flew across the room. She has been really cautious of that door ever since. If that was the case I would expect the behavior to fade over time.

Some event took place, or so it would seem.  Just be patient and gently coax through each time.  Eventually, it should not be an issue.  We are having a similar issue with Rohn.  He is simply skiddish when entering a room or anywhere that has a non-carpeted floor.  We have ceramic tile in the foyer and hall, and laminate in the kitchen. So there are carpet runners where feasible.  Otherwise, he cowers down, whines, retreats, but eventually charges ahead into the room.

2 hours ago, Mazz said:

Some event took place, or so it would seem.  Just be patient and gently coax through each time.  Eventually, it should not be an issue.  We are having a similar issue with Rohn.  He is simply skiddish when entering a room or anywhere that has a non-carpeted floor.  We have ceramic tile in the foyer and hall, and laminate in the kitchen. So there are carpet runners where feasible.  Otherwise, he cowers down, whines, retreats, but eventually charges ahead into the room.

Took Cheza quite awhile to get used to no carpets at the new house.  Even now when she gets excited she drifts around corners.  She is certainly rear paw drive.... at least she has good gas mileage. (She gets gas and anyone near her gives her mileage)

1 hour ago, subarugrl07 said:

Thank you both for your reply's....Awolf401 we do not have sliding glass doors, I will keep being patient with him are reassuring him it is alright. I just hate seeing him this way.

Hopefully he will get over it soon.

Such a gorgeous face! 

Maybe start by offering him a treat to get him in at the back door, or offer a toy he values. 

I'vd learned that the smallest of things can trigger a Husky fit! They can be drama queens about anything... Smokey has phases where she totally flips out when grocery bags enters the home, and other times she's nose first into them! ;)