Cautionary tale with a Happy Ending.

Awolf401

Hey guys,

Yesterday the wind blew my gate open without me knowing it and within 5 minutes Cheza had taken off.  We were very fortunate that within 15 minutes of her escape someone found her and called the number on her tag.  Some food for thought she had been missing 15 minutes and was already 1.5 miles away from my house. These animals can move.  She went over a very busy road, through a farmers field where we have foxes, and multiple neighbors yards. I don't know if this is an issue other places but I have met a few people who have had their husky stolen. I feel very fortunate that she was found safe so quickly.  Not everyone gets so lucky.

As a reminder I would like to encourage you to take a few minutes out of your day every once in awhile and check your dogs safety gear.  Give your gate a shake, check that their harness and collar are secure and un-damaged, make sure their chip and tag info is up to date. Make no mistake they are runners and pullers they will run if given the chance.  I was lax and I almost lost my best friend because of it. 

I don't know if this warrants requesting a sticky but I wanted to at least remind everyone so they don't make the same mistake I did.

Wow, close call.

We didn't clip Bear's Harness properly one time on a walk and she danced around us and then went bin raiding through several of the neighbours recycling bins before she came back. (I didn't want to chase her as she likes playing running games with us and would likely think we trying to do that in the street and take off somewhere). My heart was in my mouth at the time.

Glad to hear you got her back ok. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very glad you got her back. Nothing worse than having an escape artist escape. Nothing better than to get the escape artist back home.