Is my husky pup mad/stupid/bit dim - or just a husky?

wolfpup

Marley is now around 16/17 weeks old  and since it turned really cold, windy and, especially, rainy, he is getting more and more agitated inside, rarely settling longer than 10 mins or so (unless he is asleep).   He constantly barks and when I follow him into the kitchen he goes to the back door (the only other place he goes to is to the fridge when he is hungry)  -  I let him out, go into the lounge and look through the window ...........  -  and 9 times out of 10 he does not want a wee - he walks round the back of the house, and lays down near the lounge door and settles down for a sleep in the howling wind!

He seems to much prefer being outside than in the house  -  he can be a real pain indoors, wanting to play all the time (chasing the cats is a favourite as is tug of war/ chasing his ball etc), hounding Lunar unmercifully  -  but chuck him outside and he settles happily down in the windiest spot and promptly goes to sleep ...................... if he can find a puddle to sleep in all the better!

As he is a woolie you can imagine the problems I am having,  he is constantly wet, hates the hairdryer although will tolerate a towel dry.   I am beginning to wonder whether his previous owners started to realize just how much work a woolie coat is and whether this prompted either of them to let him go bearing in mind his other issues.

Is my pup just missing a few brain cells  -  or is he just being a husky?    My Ute never took to being outside for longer than around 5 mins  -  hates the rain and does not like the wind (and is scared of the dark) all the things Marley loves -  the Ute and husky may be related breeds - but my two are poles apart.

My guys have 24/7 access to the back garden.

Quite often I will wonder where Darwin is. . . ?

yeah 3am howling wind / rain /sleet he's laid out in the garden . . . just chillin'

2 hours ago, Dunc said:

All huskies are missing a few  brain cells  :rofl:

Agreed lol 

Tsunami would break down the house if it rains, he just wants to be outside splashing in the wet! Smokey on the other hand behaves more like a cat, if she never has to go outside she's happy (especially in the rain/wind) she is the happiest indoors away from anything cold & wet!