Back Again?

Husky42

So back in 2011 I posted how I rescued a male named Kody.   Boy oh boy what a great 5 years it has been. 

Kody is still doing great!  We have added a few, and lost a few.  We rescued two SR Huskies 16 and 13,  unfortunately Bandit had cancer that was far too terminal and his quality of life deminished so we had to put him down.   Happy jack had a genetic disorder and withing 8 months of rescue we had to put him down, his rear end had stopped working and he became severely incontinent.  We tried to make it work but with him not being able to walk most days at the vets reccomendation we let him cross.  I still tear up, I loved him so much, in the short time that big and i mean HUGE husky (probably a mal mix tbh)  won my heart.   

We also got a puppy, i was delivering pizza and ran into some white trash selling puppies, I had wanted NOTHING to do with these dogs or people.   But I delivered pizza again and out game this red and white 8 week old puppy.. except she was  a silverback and supposed to be all white, she was covered in SO much fecal matter it was hard to tell.    I went to the bank, got the money and took her home immediately, I left work early even.   She's now 3 years old and the joy of our life. 

Sapphire was a rescue who killed a chicken and was going to be euthanized, I received a phone call from one of my friends in rescue pleading with me to take her as nobody else had stepped up.   I agreed' not knowing a thing about this dog.  We love sapphire but she's currently very sick, she's been sick ever sicne we got her and with two years of vet visits i'm at a loss, but hoping that by discussing and sharing our future vet visits with Sapphire to the forum, I will find a solution as many trips and several thousand dollars later she's still sick. 

And then we have Bella, our pitty, because what pack is complete without a pit bull?  She's an absolute sweetheart, and another rescue that sat in a shelter  forever.     I'll get some photos of happy jack and bandit here when my gf gets home as she has them all on her camera.

IMG_20160209_194056[1].jpg

IMG_20160131_173034[1].jpg

IMG_20160203_181356[1].jpg

20151222_170557[1].jpg

And my perpetually sick girl Sapphire :(

20160210_151643[1].jpg

• Like 4

What excellent dedication to the cause - and what a super pack!

I too have just 'returned', (from the dark side), after a short, (none intentional), absence dealing with other issues, (moving house, illness, work, etc). 

Some of our 'companions' can present us with some very complex illnesses that can prove extremely difficult to diagnose although some, (but certainly not all), of these complaints can be attributed to a variety of 'allergic' reactions that lead to a very wide range of symptoms.

Sounds like you are approaching it from the right direction - although it can take time, (resulting in a great deal of frustration and angst), and it can also, (unfortunately), result in some high vet bills too!

• Like 2