Smokey was spayed today

loudlucky

shirt looks good and even with the medishirt Bindi licked hers soaking wet but at least did not disturb the wound etc...and yes calmed mine down a lot even so far that I use the medi shirt on Alpha with the fireworks on new years eve...

• Like 1

Great job with the shirt. Sorry you're having such a hard time with her and the stitches. 

Can you get some bitterant from your vet. I really can't believe the vet didn't give you any :angry: You will be able to paint around the wound and on the shirt. That is the only suggestion I can think of right now as you are doing everything else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jase said:

Great job with the shirt. Sorry you're having such a hard time with her and the stitches. 

Can you get some bitterant from your vet. I really can't believe the vet didn't give you any :angry: You will be able to paint around the wound and on the shirt. That is the only suggestion I can think of right now as you are doing everything else.

I'll find out if I can get that bitterant, thanks for the idea!

I don't think I have a swimming costume that will fit her :(

But the shirt did not work at all last night...at 3am she woke me up screaming! Somehow she got her front legs through the neck and the shirts neck stuck around her chest...and that after I sew the neck so the opening matches her collar! I have no idea how she does whatever to get to the stitches anymore!!!

So not a fun night! :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loudlucky said:

I'll find out if I can get that bitterant, thanks for the idea!

I don't think I have a swimming costume that will fit her :(

But the shirt did not work at all last night...at 3am she woke me up screaming! Somehow she got her front legs through the neck and the shirts neck stuck around her chest...and that after I sew the neck so the opening matches her collar! I have no idea how she does whatever to get to the stitches anymore!!!

So not a fun night! :(

With the medical pet shirts they are quite a snug fit especially around the chest area, they are looser at the tummy. You might be able to adjust your home made shirt a bit?? You could try one of those inflatable Kong collars as well. 

I feel for you as it is very frustrating trying to nurse them when they as hell bent on getting at the stitches :-( 

• Like 1

Just now, robke said:

that does look brilliant hope it works for you....

Thanks Rob, I googled for ideas...seemed like it would work, and so far it looks as if it works!

We'll see if it lasts during the night, but the velcro is pretty strong and it has a bit elastic on the sides so she's not suppose to be able to take it off or to get under it! Until now she hasn't tried anything so far... :D

• Like 1