Off lead help!!

Ozz

I'm not saying "Hey, go let your dog off lead", they asked if it's possible for their husky to be trained to be off lead, and I'm saying yes it is, but it's hard to do and I even stated that I can only do it because I only let her off in a closed off environment, away from any dangers like cars. I have agreed with everyone's points about huskies being more difficult in this area apart from the fact that they can't be taught to come back, the only thing I recommended was training. 

I'd never tell anyone anything that could put their dogs in danger.

I've trained Zena with recall since she was 8 weeks, it works cos she is food motivated. Training is still    constant. I only let her off at the beach or on a big field, she is       brilliant with other dogs and just likes playing so I leave her too it, after play time she gets put back on the lead. 

• 3 weeks later...

Training is great.  Just remember, often times instinct trumps training.