Tsunami's mommy died

loudlucky

Saw on the breeders site that Tsunami's mommy Nuscka passed away yesterday :(

She had another litter just 5 months after his so I guess the people were over breeding her...at least she's in a better place right now and cannot be used to make money! The pups are only 7 weeks old so I just hope the breeder takes good care of them...

IMG-20160216-WA0001.jpg

So I poked around a bit and asked a few people what happened, since I wanna know if she died of something that Tsunami might get...

Turns out both his mommy & daddy died!

They somehow escaped their run (or a worker left it open) and they chased after the neighboring farm's sheep...the farmer shot the mom in the head and his dad, Thor, died today, he was shot and rushed to the vets... :(

Shows again how they are not suitable for farm life or should not be kept near livestock farms! 

• Like 1

Omg, I've heard of things like this happening and I guess some would say that living next door to livestock it was an accident waiting to happen. So very sad though. Rest in peace tsunami's mummy and daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Emma said:

Omg, I've heard of things like this happening and I guess some would say that living next door to livestock it was an accident waiting to happen. So very sad though. Rest in peace tsunami's mummy and daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can clearly see it in Tsunami, he has a very strong prey drive! Even if you chuck a stuffed bunny or bird he'll go bonkers after it...that's why I'll rather be considered cruel and crate them (99% people here believe crating dogs are cruel, crates are frowned upon when not for puppies, travel or recovering after surgery)

1 hour ago, loudlucky said:

Yeah, I can clearly see it in Tsunami, he has a very strong prey drive! Even if you chuck a stuffed bunny or bird he'll go bonkers after it...that's why I'll rather be considered cruel and crate them (99% people here believe crating dogs are cruel, crates are frowned upon when not for puppies, travel or recovering after surgery)

Its not cruel.  (I know I may not make many friends saying that) Cheza gets herself into trouble if I leave her out.  One time she got hung up on the blinds and just about choked herself. I wish I could leave her out but sometimes loving someone is protecting them from them self. I just make sure that after work and on weekends we have lots of walks and playtime.

I'm very thankful the last time (and hopeful the last time) she got out and ran off that nothing like this happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awolf401 said:

Its not cruel.  (I know I may not make many friends saying that) Cheza gets herself into trouble if I leave her out.  One time she got hung up on the blinds and just about choked herself. I wish I could leave her out but sometimes loving someone is protecting them from them self. I just make sure that after work and on weekends we have lots of walks and playtime.

I'm very thankful the last time (and hopeful the last time) she got out and ran off that nothing like this happened.

I'm 100% with you there! I'd rather be called cruel and crate them (at most 4 or 5 hours a day, not even everyday, except Tsunami still sleeps crated at night) 

Smokey has proved to be quite acrobatic and has climbed my safety gate and sat 2m high above the ground...she almost broke her neck jumping down! So I'd rather not leave them outside or open when I'm not home...I would not be able to handle something like them being shot or run over!

I also never take them off the leash, which surprisingly people always give me a mouthful about too! Even other husky owners who let their dogs run free at the beach! No thank you, I'd rather be dragged by the dog and run after it catching my breath than to ever lose them!!!

1 minute ago, loudlucky said:

I'm 100% with you there! I'd rather be called cruel and crate them (at most 4 or 5 hours a day, not even everyday, except Tsunami still sleeps crated at night) 

Smokey has proved to be quite acrobatic and has climbed my safety gate and sat 2m high above the ground...she almost broke her neck jumping down! So I'd rather not leave them outside or open when I'm not home...I would not be able to handle something like them being shot or run over!

I also never take them off the leash, which surprisingly people always give me a mouthful about too! Even other husky owners who let their dogs run free at the beach! No thank you, I'd rather be dragged by the dog and run after it catching my breath than to ever lose them!!!

9/10 though when that happens to me its usually a non-husky owner.  Most husky owners I know get it.  Different breeds different treatment people. The argument ususally dies down when I let them know that last time Cheza go away she was 1.5 miles away in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Awolf401 said:

9/10 though when that happens to me its usually a non-husky owner.  Most husky owners I know get it.  Different breeds different treatment people. The argument ususally dies down when I let them know that last time Cheza go away she was 1.5 miles away in 10 minutes.

Unfortunately most people nearby who have Huskies own them for the wrong reasons and never even take them for a walk! They just want to be cool and own a husky like in the movies :)

Thats how I know who actually knows about the breed and sho just has one (or a few) to show off!

Huskies are over popular here and thats why so many people are backyard breeding them for the big money! But they and the people who buy the puppies have no idea of taking care of the Husky...and at 7 to 9 months you see the dog advertised on Gumtree :(