hello

Freya's mom

Hello my name is Tawnya. I'm a new Husky owner, a 4 year old Siberian named Freya. She came to us recently after the passing of her previous owner, my cousin. I'm learning a lot about owning a Husky and love her more than anything. I am having some dominance issues with her and other dogs, so if you have any tips or tricks please let me know!

• Like 1

Hi Tawnya. Sorry about the loss of your cousin. Kudos though for taking on the responsibility of a Husky, and keeping her out of a shelter.  Do you have any friends with dogs? If so, have a friend and their dog go with you and Freya for some walks. The walks help keep the dogs focused on the walk and not so much on each other, and at the same time, provide some socialization. If you have several friends with dogs, it would help to alternate a bit, and later have a group walk.  Takes time though. I suspect Freya has not been socialized much, but I do not know that to be a fact.  Give it a try and please let us know if it helps, if there are any issues.  And before I forget, welcome to Husky-Owners!