Girl showing nasty side

ZachAttack

My girl is soft as a brush as is my boy. But for some reason when it comes to food she is so nasty and I hate it. My boy takes a while longer to eat his treats so as soon as my girl finishes hers she's snooping round him trying to steal his. I always separate them but she got free this time. I punished her telling her no and putting her in the yard but I feel bad for being so firm. Any other time of the day they love each other. I keep the bowls apart and all that so I'm not asking for tips on that. It's just on the very odd occasion she gets close enough to snap at him what do I do? Will she ever learn to be nice? 

Bindi used to be the same... we gave them treats well away and just stood in between then a as soon as she moved closer to Alpha we just started with a harsh no and then overtime the no went softer and softer and now we do not even have to do anything anymore they all accept their own treat / food and not even bother...be different if we would give Alpha something and Bindi nothing then she does get grumpy...

4 hours ago, robke said:

Bindi used to be the same... we gave them treats well away and just stood in between then a as soon as she moved closer to Alpha we just started with a harsh no and then overtime the no went softer and softer and now we do not even have to do anything anymore they all accept their own treat / food and not even bother...be different if we would give Alpha something and Bindi nothing then she does get grumpy...

There friends again now. I think shes getting the hang of it. She was going to go for his toy later and I just pointed at her and she backed off. I just need to keep an eye on her at all times. Little madam can be so frustrating though lol

• Like 1

Ice had dog based food aggression. He was ok with people but with other dogs he was a nightmare.

Never before had I seen a twelve week old pup wander through the door and then flip a switch And attack any other dog in sight when food was around. Really shocked me!

We got them all to sit down side by side and then took turns to hand feed them. We also practiced NILF/NILIF training (nothing in life is free) and the combination worked to the point where If another dog already had something then he would sit back and leave them be but if something was up for grabs then he'd be there like a shot and trouble would arise. Over time that became less of a problem and now he is as good as gold with Bear. He even leaves Brooke alone if she's eating or drinking. The problem we have these days is he tends to tell her off if he thinks she shouldn't be doing something. That's something that doesn't happen very often (maybe a couple of times a year) but upsets her quite a bit when it does.

Sent via the power of telepathy.