Small dog owners...

robke

I hate it when people have their min pins or JRTs off leash and think its cute when they chase after you barking and yapping at your heels!

They wouldn't like it if someone did it with a rottie to them! All dogs should be leashed and behave when outside their yard..but hey, here most people don't even bother to keep their dogs inside their yards!

• Like 1

We are small dog owners and out of the 2 Charlie can be a nightmare when out walking.  It is not tolerated, he is told off (ignores me mostly think there a bit of husky rubbing off lol) but he like Solo is always on lead as otherwise he would get into trouble especially with the local rottie.  as owners we are responsible for the control if our babies xx I hatd if when a loose dog comes running and barking then the ownerx get huffy when my boys react

• Like 3

Agree 100%

When the little dog comes running up offlead and launches into a bigger dog.

It then gets picked up by the scruff of the neck and ragged about by the bigger dog.

The owner is not happy.

Well keep your bloody dog under control then !!!!! :banghead:

• Like 2

Intersting situation at our off-lead fenced in park last week;

A pug runs up to a husky yapping etc, husky growls at it. Pug owner shouts at husky owner that the husky is aggressive and shouldn't be in the park. Pug owner immediately calls the Ranger. Ranger is near the park so comes straight away. 

They explain the situation to the Ranger. Ranger turns to the Pug owner and says "It is your dog that is the aggressor, if you can't control your dog then it shouldn't be in the park" He then gave her a warning.  :)

• Like 5

and that is the way it should be done...we have a lady with 3 chihuahua's who think that are dobermans and 1 is always offlead and exactly the same happens she always blames mine for being to aggressive while it is hers barking from a mile off....i will just avoid her when i see her...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, robke said:

and that is the way it should be done...we have a lady with 3 chihuahua's who think that are dobermans and 1 is always offlead and exactly the same happens she always blames mine for being to aggressive while it is hers barking from a mile off....i will just avoid her when i see her...

Yeah, I realised a while back that - ya just can't fix stupid, so I avoid those types as well ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jase said:

Yeah, I realised a while back that - ya just can't fix stupid, so I avoid those types as well ;)

Odd enough its actually the owners of these little terrors that needs a slap behind the head for THEIR behaviours! It's they who encourage and reward the dogs' aggressive behaviour...they think its soooo cute when the dogs charge off barking towards a bigger dog! They praise the little dog for that behavior, they have the little dog off leash!

I used to love little dogs, had a JRT as a kid (that was always leashed out of the yard!) but lately the little dogs around here, or rather their owners are just plain irritating and dangerous! 

They make walking your (leashed, big) dog seem like going through gun fire in a warzone!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, loudlucky said:

Odd enough its actually the owners of these little terrors that needs a slap behind the head for THEIR behaviours! It's they who encourage and reward the dogs' aggressive behaviour...they think its soooo cute when the dogs charge off barking towards a bigger dog! They praise the little dog for that behavior, they have the little dog off leash!

I used to love little dogs, had a JRT as a kid (that was always leashed out of the yard!) but lately the little dogs around here, or rather their owners are just plain irritating and dangerous! 

They make walking your (leashed, big) dog seem like going through gun fire in a warzone!

It is 100% the owners fault. I never blame a dog for an inappropriate interaction. ;)

• Like 1