Do many of you guys live near a Morrisons????

wolfpup

I went into my local Morrisons today, and as I was passing the fish counter, I asked on the off-chance if they had any off-cuts of fish  (heads, tails etc) - the guy said that normally no, but at the moment - and until Easter they have a special offer on salmon - so he did have off cuts.     I explained that I wanted it for my dogs who are fed raw, and he said to wait a moment.     He came back with nearly 4 kilos of salmon off-cuts  (including spines) with what looked like quite a good proportion of salmon meat still attached.

There was no charge at all, and when I thanked him I asked would it be ok if I came back in a few days for more  - to which he replied I was welcome to all they had - until Easter when the offer finishes.    

Might be worth you guys asking at your local Morrisons - free food for the dogs can't be bad.

• Like 4

Excellent post!

I tend to get 'dragged' around our 'local' Morrisons, (by my wife Julie - on a regular basis), so we will make some enquiries.

Julie does pick up the 'odd treat' from the meat counter, (primarily heart, mince and liver - but not too often - don't want to spoil them all too much), but we have to pay for this!

• Like 1

I went back to Morrisons today and collected 8 salmon heads  -  with at least 2" of solid salmon meat attached.  Cut out the bottom jaw of the salmon  (watch out for the teeth) and gave Lunar and the pup one each.    My older dog looked a little miffed it wasn't cut up more, but 5 month old Marley just got stuck in ate all his  own ...................... then around 10 mins later I saw him digging another hole in the garden ...................... and burying the remains of Lunar's salmon head for later !!!    Marley is obviously getting more adult teeth than I thought. :goodjob:

• Like 1

Well that's a pity. I wonder why not???

Sent via the power of telepathy.

I asked at the fish shop before too and she told me new regulations have came in place that they have to get someone to come collect it in a van. I was talking to a guy that shows boxers I think and where he is they give it to him on the sly

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1