Why did this have to happen

Dan

I'm a total wreck right now .. driving home at 10pm and I hit a dog with my car. I only had a split second to see it, and it was a black dog too, I couldn't brake in time. I pulled over just after in shock and turned around to see what had happened, it was on the side of the road bleeding heavily, not moving. God I feel so terrible. There was nothing I could have done and the dog was definitely beyond help. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm having a very hard time dealing with this mentally :(:( I'm in so much shock right now :(

Oh Dan, I'm sorry to hear this. Honestly it doesn't sound like there was much you could have done. As sad as it was, it was just one of those things and could have happened to anyone. Take care Dan. Xxx

Sent via the power of telepathy.

Accidents happen mate.

Not your fault.

The owner who allowed the dog out, intentionally or accidentally is responsible.

(and I speak from personal experience)

There's nothing you could have done Dan, I know it's awful. Is there a vet nearby you could take it to to see if it's chipped? If you could, that might help to give you a bit of closure, and the owner (if there is one). It's really sad I know :(

Thanks everyone. I still feel freakin horrible about it and I know it's going to stick with me for the rest of my life, but I managed to get through the day without getting too torn up over it again :(