Ice is under the weather

Emma

Woke up this morning to a poorly boy. He's been sick a few times this morning and generally off colour all day.

He's been laying outside in the fresh air all day as that seems to be the place he feels happiest.

A few minutes ago he came back inside and curled up next to me on the sofa, so looks like he's starting to pick up now. Fingers crossed!

Sent via the power of telepathy.

Get well soon Ice! Is he feeling better this morning?

He was much better last night, eating like a horse and pulling me around on his walk.

He was sick first thing this morning though but seems to be reasonably ok, so it may just be that his stomach was empty for too long (that has a tendency to make him sick normally).

Will be keeping an eye on him and see how he goes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Emma said:

He was much better last night, eating like a horse and pulling me around on his walk.

He was sick first thing this morning though but seems to be reasonably ok, so it may just be that his stomach was empty for too long (that has a tendency to make him sick normally).

Will be keeping an eye on him and see how he goes.

Harper pukes up yellow watery sick if she goes too long without being fed. I have to remember to get up and give her a snack on weekends so she doesn't feel poorly.

Glad to hear he sounds like his usual self!

• Like 1

I hope you have already taken Ice to the vet for examination.

Thank you for your concern.

This is something that happens fairly often when ice eats something he shouldn't which is basically anything other than chappie dog food [emoji85]. It upsets his sensitive digestive system and he ends up with either runny poop or being a bit sick. Settled back down after a day and as we speak he's back to his normal self. We used to take him to the vet every time it happened which was several times per month. They'd give him some probiotics (pro kaolin paste) and tell us to feed him chicken and rice for a few days until his tummy settles back down. Now when it happens I already have the paste in the cupboard and a big supply of chicken and rice. Obviously if he didn't pick up as usual or were to become more unwell, refusing to drink, being lethargic etc.... Then he'd be straight down the vet.

• Like 2

Sorry we didn't respond sooner [emoji20] , but hope Ice is feeling better and back to his old self soon.

Lots of hugs from Simka and Natalie 

Thank you! He's completely back to normal now. Which means he was well enough to have his flea tick and worming treatments......he was not very pleased about it! Lol